What is your best marketing technique?

What is your best marketing technique?

Investor · Dallas TX, United States · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

I am a mad scientist when it comes to marketing.  I will try anything once, and most things twice.  So let me ask all of you, what is your favorite or most creative marketing technique?

I will shart my most creative.  I made up a bunch of day glow orange stickers that say "I buy houses" and everytime I go to the grocery store, I place on sticker on the handle of my shopping cart.  I have bought two houses from those stickers so far. 

19Reply
128 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
11y

Hi @Josh Caldwell

I canvas financial planners

I ask them if their clients would like to sell their low equity homes on lease purchase instead of paying the traditional sales costs of selling with an agent, which saves their client sometimes as much as 9 to 12 per cent.

If the sellers have no equity, they do not need to break savings plans like IRAs to use to pay the costs to sell.  Financial Planners like that! 

See this reply in the discussion

85 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Dallas TX, United States · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    PS to enhance your Youtube Video, you can go to Fiverr.com and literally buy a bunch of likes, good comments (which you choose) and links to get the ranking up on that video.

  • Investor · Dallas TX, United States · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Here is an idea that anyone can use.  If you want to ramp up your craigs list ads and you want to write a really good advert for your house buying or selling business.  

    Just go to the CL for another city and copy the text that someone else wrote.  I do this all the time (sorry NY and LA investors) but I copy your best stuff and use it in my market.  It is free and I get to choose the ads that speak to me and compel me to click. 

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    I have to say, this has been the best creative marketing forum I have seen thus far on BP. Thanks everyone for your contributions!

  • Real Estate Agent · La Mirada, CA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Yes! It has been a killer thread to say the least.  I am just a Realtor but want to do investing. Good info here!

    Thanks ya'll.

  • Investor · Dallas TX, United States · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Here is one for you all. I direct mail to attorneys and ask them for their problem cases.  I do this with divorce lawyer, probate, estate, and pretty much any that deal with real estate.  I also hit defense lawyers because sometimes they have client who own real estate and either need to sell to pay the lawyer or they are going away for a few years and dont need the house.  

  • Real Estate Solutions Provider · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 571 posts · 452 votes
    9y

    Great day @Josh Caldwell,

    Results from the sign in the lawn?

  • Investor · Dallas TX, United States · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    I havent added to this post in a while but here is a good one.  I use some marketing software.  Retargeting programs will allow you to follow someone across the internet based on a site they visit or a keyword they type.  For example if  you ever go to toys R us' website, you will see their ads on lot of other sites through that day.  That is a retargeter program at work.  They are tracking your with a cookie.  I can do that some thing with my local realtor sights, then have a Josh Buys Houses ad with no realtor fees ad follow that person all over the internet. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Josh Caldwell Thank you so much for starting this incredible forum. I thought that your strategy to use police officers to locate burned out landlords was particularly interesting. However, my concern here is that the area where criminals live could very likely be rough neighborhoods.

    So my question is, how do you make best use of this strategy? Do you flip the houses so that you won’t have to worry about holding properties in rough areas? Do you simply cherry-pick gems out of many no-go deals? Or is my assumption that this strategy is likely to lead to rough neighborhoods is wrong? Something else?

    I’m trying to learn from the examples without overlooking challenges, so your further insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

  • Investor · Dallas TX, United States · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Ayumi Edgar We are looking for murders here, a simple domestic dispute (hubby and wife arguing) can attract a police call. You use this technique in neighborhoods where you want to buy a house. If you want to buy, others will also want to buy. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Josh Caldwell Oh got it! Thank you!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.