Where can I post a house for sale at no charge?

Where can I post a house for sale at no charge?

Real Estate Investor · East Lyme, CT · Member since 2008 · 78 posts · 10 votes

Hello friends.
Does anyone have a list of websites where I can post a house I have for sale that is not fee based? I already know about Craig's list. (sold my last one that way) House is located in Griswold, CT. Any remarks on what sites are better then others would be appreciated as well.
Thanks
Jay

0Reply
42 views

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Coach · Oakton, VA · Member since 2008 · 695 posts · 43 votes
    18y

    Usually you get what you pay for. Don't be cheap when trying to sell a house. Use all means necessary.

    Also, focus more on classified ads and signs than the Internet.

  • Real Estate Investor · Joliet/ Plainfield, IL · Member since 2008 · 37 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    www.Backpage.com

    pass out flyers in the neighborhood in case anyone has friends that want to move close by.

  • Member since 2008 · 1 post · 0 votes
    18y

    I am not too sure about placing ads in those sites that are offering services free of charge because we may be not be aware if our ad expires.

    Ruthrbns

  • Real Estate Investor · Hoboken, NJ · Member since 2008 · 230 posts · 6 votes
    18y

    You can try these which are all free i believe:

    www.fsbo.com
    www.forsalebyowner.com
    www.hotpads.com (generally more for rentals but they have sales as well)

    I know there are some more out there that I have seen but those are the ones that stick out in my mind...

  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2008 · 20 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    You can post it on my site at www.HomeAdmirer.com. It is always free to put a home on the site and we are driving traffic on a daily basis!

  • Real Estate Investor · Katy, TX · Member since 2008 · 430 posts · 22 votes
    18y

    kijiji.com, backpage.com, owner.com, fsbo.com

    put it on as many FREE sites as possible in my opinion, I have a house for sale right now and did a little bit of a test, I only marketed on craigslist for the open house we had on saturday, i had 6 families show up from the craigslist ad, 2 of whom are really interested in the house

  • Real Estate Investor · Albany, MN · Member since 2008 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    18y

    I tend to use craigslist and backpage along with paid marketing. Until backpage really takes off craigslist may be the best unpaid exposure you can get.

    Craigslist can also be a decent source for acquisition leads, sellers in a tough spot tend to also have a small marketing budget.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Bellingham , WA · Member since 2008 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    Try postlets, when you fill out the listing it syndicates it to 30 or so different websites, like bobvila, kiji, backpage, eidigo, googlebase, ect... check it out it makes a really good looking flyer.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    18y

    I've also checked out www.postlets.com. Thanks for the tip!

  • Real Estate Consultant · Bellingham , WA · Member since 2008 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    Yeah postlets is great, you can also try Vflyer.com they also syndicate the listing to other sites as well.

  • Member since 2008 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    Hey doesn't craigslist have a real estate for sale section.

    Edit,
    Sorry, just saw your post had already mentioned craigslist.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.