New Business Card Design - Critique it please

New Business Card Design - Critique it please

Bill R.Pro Member
Investor · Branford, CT · Member since 2014 · 131 posts · 67 votes

Hey BP, What do you guys think of my updated Business Card design, front and back. Wanted to keep it simple, bright and similar to website. 

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Colin SmithBusiness Member
Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 987 posts · 447 votes
11y

Front: Sentinel Investments seems hard to read.

Back: I would not recommend using shorthand - "w/". I see this as it should be a professional document, not a text.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Colin SmithBusiness Member
    Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 987 posts · 447 votes
    11y

    Front: Sentinel Investments seems hard to read.

    Back: I would not recommend using shorthand - "w/". I see this as it should be a professional document, not a text.

  • Bill R.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · Branford, CT · Member since 2014 · 131 posts · 67 votes
    11y

    @Colin Smith

    Thanks for the feedback

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    How about something like?   It was a fast thought

  • Bill R.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · Branford, CT · Member since 2014 · 131 posts · 67 votes
    11y

    @Michael Quarles

    Thanks for the reply, your design is good. I put the order in already though - just about out of my old ones and I like to place a card in my mailers. Ordered 2,500 so they will go fast and then I'll conciser a redesign. I appreciate your feedback though. 

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    do you really need a fax number? it's not 1985 when faxes were cool. 

    i don't like the font of the letters. otherwise, not bad.

  • Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 36 votes
    11y

    Bill,

    I have lots of thoughts for you. First off, it is very helpful to have a clear and memorable business card that is consistent with your business or brand. I don't know your background so can't comment on whether this captures it or not, but here are a few design pointers.

    • The design needs to be used strategically to draw the eye to what is important. This could be using color, bigger/bolder text for specifics items, placing things in order left-to-right or up-down. 
    • If you are going to use a photo background on the entire thing. The photo should either be darker with white/bright-colored text or a lighter photo with dark text. That way it is easy to read. 
    • Something about your business name and logo are squashed/stretched. Your logo should always look the same. Protect that. 
    • Finally, people generally like some white space on the back of a card so that they can write notes about your interaction. Or you can write a note before handing it out. I think it is more professional to have some content on the back, but to keep it classy with white space left over.

    All the best with your ventures.

  • Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 36 votes
    11y

    @ Michael Quarles showed some good principles. Though I see you have already ordered them.

    I don't think this should be a pattern for your company (as you want a little more pop), but here is mine for reference of a simple design (which matches my brand and style):

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 24 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Colin Smith:

    Front: Sentinel Investments seems hard to read.

    Back: I would not recommend using shorthand - "w/". I see this as it should be a professional document, not a text.

     I'll second this. Love the color scheme, very eye catching!

  • Bill R.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · Branford, CT · Member since 2014 · 131 posts · 67 votes
    11y

    @Andrew Bauer @Peter Dunne @Colin Smith @Michael Quarles  Yes I do still receive / send faxes  - many attorney's and banks still prefer this method that you creatively view as "That's SO 80'S"

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.