Att wholsalers How Many Houses do You Keep vs Flip?

Att wholsalers How Many Houses do You Keep vs Flip?

ft Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2010 · 68 posts · 4 votes

I am curious. Any wholesalers out there keep a few rental properties for portfolio? I have one right now. It will rent out for $850 a month. House will be paid off in 36 month at $850 a month. Would you keep it or flip it for quick cash?

0Reply
13 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    I am not a wholesaler but I was surprised to see none had replied yet. I have talked to quite a few that focus on wholesaling but also rehab or rent properties, depending on their goals and personal situations. An acquaintance of mine owns around 20 rental properties and doesn’t want any more, so he basically wholesales full time now. That is the great part about real estate investing, so many options.

  • ft Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2010 · 68 posts · 4 votes
    14y

    Thank for responding James. Wholesaling is great for quick Cash but I am looking at my long term goals.

  • Mark UpdegraffBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Rochester, NY · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 694 votes
    14y

    The wholesaler I know in ROC cherry picks the best deals for his rental portfolio. The ones in the best school districts that he gets for steep discount, usually via foreclosure. If it doesn't have good schools he moves it.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    I come from the rehab flip or wholesale side, and I keep as many as i can to flip myself. I onloy wholesale those out of my farm area or if I have too many deals going already. That has not been the case this year, so I have kept them all thus far.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seminole, FL · Member since 2010 · 859 posts · 316 votes
    14y

    I have never had rentals. But I would love to keep them (if I had the ability to leverage them)

    So jealous of the end buyers right now. They really are future millionaires!

  • Involved In Real Estate · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2010 · 341 posts · 86 votes
    14y

    We are slowly keeping more properties for rentals because the wholesale and flip properties are harder to come by. Having money not making any money is not a good thing. Therefore, when the pickings get slim, we tend to keep more properties until market releases more properties for flip/wholesale

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.