It's all about SEO - Google 1st Page after 3 days

It's all about SEO - Google 1st Page after 3 days

Real Estate Agent · Weatherford, TX · Member since 2011 · 726 posts · 284 votes

Wow, am I excited! I'm not here to toot my own horn. I'm here to toot Jerry Puckett's and his SEO genius. After 3 days fully functional, I'm already on page 1 of Google for "We Buy Houses Granbury". Page 2 for "We Buy Houses Weatherford" and within the top 15 pages for "Sell House Weatherford" and "Sell House Granbury". Stopped looking after page 20 for Fort Worth, but that will take some time.

This goes to show, even with a site that's not 100% complete (is it ever?, that's another SEO discussion), and only up for 3 days, the right SEO will get you ranked, if you have something to offer that's not spammy.

Thanks Jerry.

And thank everyone here for all your support as I take the plunge.

2Reply
209 views

Most Popular Reply

Ned CareyPro Member
Moderator
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
14y

Shane,

What is the site URL and what is the exact search term you are using to come up on the 1st page? Nothing comes up for me with the search "We buy houses Granbury" that looks like it could be your page.

One problem with Google today is they will often show search results customized for your location. This means your site might show up higher for you than it does for someone searching from another part of the country.

See this reply in the discussion

62 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2013 · 48 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    Shane, I just read this entire SEO post and felt the info was awesome! Glad to see your site is pulling in business. I do have a few quick questions. I understand SEO pretty well, however I was curious about the backlinks you are using as well as your CL ad to attract sellers. Might you be able to provide some info on that? Thanks!

  • Real Estate Agent · Weatherford, TX · Member since 2011 · 726 posts · 284 votes
    13y

    Fire away. I don't "use" backlinks though. I just like to follow along here and on a few other blogs. Post when I feel led to. I have links to my site in my signature and I use Gravatar, so anytime I contribute to a blog post, or any other site that uses Gravatar, a backlink is generated. Again, that's a BYPRODUCT of my participation, not the reason for it.

    What would you like to know about the CL ads?

  • Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2013 · 48 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    Shane Woods, gotcha thanks for the clarification. So in regards to CL, are you simply posting a "we buy houses" type add in the real estate wanted section in your area?

  • Real Estate Agent · Weatherford, TX · Member since 2011 · 726 posts · 284 votes
    13y

    I put one in the wanted section and the for sale by owner section. I'll post a link later so you can sse.

  • Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2013 · 48 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    Understood...thanks!

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    13y

    WOW> Wonderful information. Thanks to all!

    John Thedford

  • Developer · Fullerton, CA · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    @Sean H. That's a good question Sean! How many visitors do you think are a good number to target?

    @Ned Carey Good point Ned! If I was marketing online I would want to show up in localized search results. :)

  • Real Estate Broker · Orange, CT · Member since 2013 · 951 posts · 218 votes
    12y

    If your not on page 1, you might as well be on page 100,000,000

  • Real Estate Agent · Weatherford, TX · Member since 2011 · 726 posts · 284 votes
    12y

    @Jerry Puckett 

    Quick update - 2 years later....

    I'm consistently in the top 5 (usually #1 or 2) on the big 3 search engines for Weatherford and Granbury with keywords like "we buy houses (insert town)" and "sell house fast (insert town)" and variants of those.

    For Fort Worth, I'm usually midway to the bottom of page 2 on Google, and on Bing and Yahoo It varies from middle of 1st page to bottom of 2nd page.

    My SEO Buddies tell me I need to activate the blog on my website which I haven't done yet, and start blogging about all things RE in Fort Worth to get my rankings up.  Using pictures and video will help even more.  Between that and getting my mailing going again...I have my hands full of things to do to build my business.

    I also have 3 active leads I'm working from my website.  One could be a $20K profit rehab/flip...the others probably quick wholesale deals for someone who has the stomach for full gut rehabs for rental in the West of DFW area.

  • Wholesaler · Whippany, NJ · Member since 2009 · 412 posts · 183 votes
    12y

    @Shane Woods Just think how rock solid your rankings would be if you started your blog 2 years ago when @Joshua D. recommended you start blogging.  

    Not rubbing it in, just that I've done similar things in the past.  Put off things I've heard over and over again because I didn't want to put in the work at the time...even though it's not really that much work.

    For my "we buy houses" websites I actually hired someone to write my blog posts. I'm loving it so far

  • Real Estate Agent · Weatherford, TX · Member since 2011 · 726 posts · 284 votes
    12y

    rubbing it in indeed :) 

  • Real Estate Investor · Plano, TX · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    this is a great thread on SEO, I'll hit some of the links you guys added here for more info

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.