Wholesale bandit signs

Wholesale bandit signs

Upland, CA · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 5 votes

I am preparing to place bandit signs out and was wondering if I could get BP's network to share some advice. I placed the traditional "WE BUY HOUSES," or "SELL YOUR HOUSE FAST" signs out before and received little response. It never got me a deal. So my question is this: Are these the best slogans to use or is there something else that has worked for some of you seasoned investors? I am afraid that this slogan might lead to another of the 100 wholesalers gaining a lead, or maybe this slogan itself has been overused and people automatically assume it is some scam. No offense to the other wholesales working in the IE. I have been trying to come up with something more original and catchy. Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated. It is important to mentioned that I have placed approximately 5 bandit signs out at one time in different locations. Maybe my numbers are not enough.

2Reply
109 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Bay Shore, NY · Member since 2009 · 359 posts · 199 votes
13y

5 bandit signs in one location? Thats not a lot.

I have put out 25 and received minimal responses. IMHO you have to go big with bandits. I usually buy from banditsigns.com and use the "sell your house in 48 hours or less" bandit sign.

I'm a bigger is better kind of guy so I always order 18 x 24's and use 30" inch wire stakes but that doesnt mean smaller sizes dont work.

The other unknown is where are you are placing the signs?

They should be in very high traffic areas where people have to stop and see them. For instance one of my favorite areas to place is on 6 corners of a very busy intersection that has a Lowes, Target, Old Navy, etc. Well trafficked during the weekends and the weekdays.

Others may agree or disagree but i think bandit signs are a numbers game and the more is better rule applies to this method of marketing.

I made a bandit sign order last week for 50 bandit signs. I wish I ordered 100.

When I get them i will put out at least 25 minimum in a 10 - 20 square mile area

See this reply in the discussion

42 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dick RosenPro Member
    Property Manager · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 451 votes
    13y

    Dev Horn regarding Click2Mail, I could not figure out how to address the card to the owners address and personalize the message to a property address. Have you found a way to do that?

  • Dev HornPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Dick Rosen - off the top of my head, not sure about that. I will check into it tho because we're working on some designs the incorporate personalization. Excellent question - sorry I didn't have a ready answer for you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Hello all,

    Great posts!

    Is a DRE# required on a bandit sign if I am advertising "We Buy/We Sell"?

    I am licensed and learned that you do for advertising, but a bit unsure for this type of marketing that is not very specific.

  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    13y

    Your license number may be required, IDK. But if so, why in the world would you put a easily tracable number on an illegal sign?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Dick Rosen:
    Dev Horn regarding Click2Mail, I could not figure out how to address the card to the owners address and personalize the message to a property address. Have you found a way to do that?

    The "Mail Merge" feature allows for this.

    Depending on your excel abilities you can even get the card to reach out to multiple owners such as "Dear Bob & Mary" not just the first name on title.

  • Wholesaler · Newport News, VA · Member since 2012 · 32 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    @Cory Rogers I've had some good success using bandit signs and as everyone else has stated it's a numbers game but you also wanna be creative. My personal favorite "Andre Buys Houses : Sell Yours Get Cash Call Now". Don't give up though it's still a great marketing strategy.

    @Michael G. I would like to take a look at that probate letter as I'm just starting to market to probates myself now.

  • Aldie, VA · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Hi @John Jackson I'm planning on ordering some bandit signs and start putting them out in my target area. Any recommendations on where to buy them? Do you suggest handwritten or professional sticker signs? How do you find people to put out your bandit signs and how do you pay them? $1/sign or per hour? Thanks much.  

  • Amahl MillerPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Gainesville, VA · Member since 2016 · 76 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Let me know your success.  Are you concerned with beimg fined?

  • Wholesaler · Fairfield, CA · Member since 2017 · 472 posts · 145 votes
    8y

    @Amahl Miller

    I am concerned with being fined. What is the best way to do this? I see a few bandit signs in my neighborhood and they have been up for 3 weeks now. How do I tell if an area restricts signs or not?

  • Amahl MillerPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Gainesville, VA · Member since 2016 · 76 posts · 14 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Cody Evans:

    @Amahl Miller

    I am concerned with being fined. What is the best way to do this? I see a few bandit signs in my neighborhood and they have been up for 3 weeks now. How do I tell if an area restricts signs or not?

     Talk to a lawyer or read up on city/county ordinances.

  • Real Estate Agent · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Ck with city compliance see if it is legal.  One can get fined big time.

  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    jUST BE POSITIVE, iT WILL WORK.

  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    NO WORRIES. DO ALL THE STEPS AND IT WILL WORK ACTION

  • Rental Property Investor · Portland OR · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    Way old thread..... never mind

  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    BIG SHOUT

    OUT TO SHEDRICK ARCHANGEL FOR LEADING ME TO THIS SITE FORUM

  • Rental Property Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2017 · 147 posts · 65 votes
    7y

    I have gotten deals off of bandit signs.  You have to really place a ton out there.  I would get up into the 100's and maybe then you can get a deal.  That is just a strategy that requires tons of volume.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    Do you know HOOOOOW MANY deals I have gotten through bandit signs?

    wait wait wait.. before you get too excited read this..

    I got a TON of deals through bandit signs... that I DIDN'T OWN OR PLACE.

    My competitors place them, .. no one remembers the number on the sign, they google "WE BUY HOUSES" I am #1, #2, #3, #5 on google, and I get a call saying "Oh hi I saw your sign on the road, ...".. and I happily took that lead of the hands of my hard working competitor that took time away from his lovely wife and lil kids to deliver me said lead.

    Dude, don't BOTHER with bandit signs man. They make you look shady, absolutely not credible and a small fry.

    You want to be treated like you are a reputable legitimate company? Then act like one. Bandit signs are illegal and juvenile.

    Get a website man. You will thank me.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.