Yellow Letters

Most Popular Reply

Jerry PuckettPro Member
Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
13y

Hi Denzel,
Here is a picture of one of mine. The language varies from market to market, but you just have to tweak it a little until you find what works best for you.

See this reply in the discussion

55 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jerry PuckettPro Member
    Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Hi Denzel,
    Here is a picture of one of mine. The language varies from market to market, but you just have to tweak it a little until you find what works best for you.

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2012 · 135 posts · 80 votes
    13y

    Hey Jerry Puckett a couple question
    1.) Is that a PRINTED hand written FONT you have printed on an actual yellow letter.?
    2.) someone actually hand writing the message on an actual yellow letter?
    3.) a PRINTED hand written FONT on a PRINTED yellow letter that is actually a standard blank sheet of paper?
    4.) Can you help with obtaining list for any Yellow Letters that are mailed out through your company?

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    I haven't done any marketing myself yet, but laughed when I got a yellow letter at my own residence yesterday. It read:

    Hello!
    My name is Scott.

    I was driving in the neighborhood and saw your property.

    I am interested in buying your house! I can pay CASHand can close quickly.

    Please give me a call to discuss - (phone number)

    I look forward to hearing from you!

    Thanks,
    Scott

    It was printed but the font looks quite like real handwriting. I will follow up by contacting Scott to see what kind of experience he has in wholesaling and ask about being on his buyer's list.

  • Investor · Pembroke, MA · Member since 2012 · 198 posts · 49 votes
    13y

    I write 1 letter on a white piece of paper by hand. I put it over yellow lined paper and use the lined paper as my guide. I then line it up on my copier and copy it to the Yellow lined paper.

    It is my handwriting (on blue Ink) and when it copies it looks like it is authentic.

  • Jerry PuckettPro Member
    Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Shariyf Grevious:

    1.) Is that a PRINTED hand written FONT you have printed on an actual yellow letter.?
    2.) someone actually hand writing the message on an actual yellow letter?
    3.) a PRINTED hand written FONT on a PRINTED yellow letter that is actually a standard blank sheet of paper?
    4.) Can you help with obtaining list for any Yellow Letters that are mailed out through your company?

    Shariyf,
    It is a custom handwritten font, one of the best I've ever seen. And it is printed on actual yellow lined paper. Yes, I can help with the lists.

    Michael is absolutely right; there is much debate about "the right way" to do a yellow letter, but the most important piece of all is to actually put something in the mail.

  • Dev HornPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    Yellow letters can be very effective, and you have two of the masters advising you here in this thread.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Dev Horn

    I think its only one now! :)

  • Real Estate Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2013 · 35 posts · 20 votes
    13y

    Most of my marketing comes with yellow letters, one thing to keep in mind is the type of person that you are writing a letter too. I do inheritance and absentee owners. My inheritance is my most basic one with a simple " Dear Doe Family, my name is Addiel Flores and I am interested in buying your house at 123 main st. for $. Call me at .... "Hablo Espanol" (if it's a primary spanish community) Thats it. Excellent response. The absentee is a bit more lengthy because there is less emotion attached to it. I started literally hand writing mine with red ink but now just have them done through a yellow letters company.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Addiel Flores

    It is amazing that the "Spanish" letters are doing so well so you may want to do more then just tag that you speak Spanish. And the lists are easy to get.

  • Anson YoungBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    13y

    Nice! Great thread guys! This is why BP rocks!

  • Investor · Fall City, WA · Member since 2013 · 200 posts · 63 votes
    13y

    I have just started with yellow letters and am using personalized ones. Make copies of my writing with blanks for name and address (sent to absentee owners) and make copies on yellow letters, fill in the blanks. Okay response rate so far and easier than hand delivering fliers, but I have gotten good response from those as well.

  • Investor · Cypress, TX · Member since 2013 · 403 posts · 59 votes
    13y

    Does anyone give a price over the phone when you are a rehabber or do most people make an appointment at the home and make the offer at that time?

  • WY · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    I have to be honest... whenever I get a letter written in a "handwriting style" font, I automatically throw it away without reading it. It's always been a huge turn-off to me when I receive what appears to be a personal letter and come to find out it's essentially a form letter. I think it's the deception factor that really gets me. It feels like I'm being "talked down to" by someone who thinks I'm too dumb to figure out that it's not a genuine handwritten letter.

    That's just my personal reaction though. There are probably a lot of people who don't even notice that it's a font. So for all of you using this technique and having success attaining properties, by all means keep doing it! But maybe just be aware of the fact that it could be eliciting negative feelings from a certain percentage of those who receive the letters.

    Just my two cents...

    Britta

  • Valparaiso, IN · Member since 2010 · 1 post · 1 vote
    13y

    Thanks for the information. I recently began driving around town looking for a new place to rent. In my ventures I've discovered several properties that may be in distress. Wholesaling properties is something I have been interested in, and would love the opportunity. Thanks again for everyones insight...

  • Union, NJ · Member since 2013 · 65 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    Is it recommended to have a return address on the envelope?

  • Jerry PuckettPro Member
    Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Patrick Reagan:
    Is it recommended to have a return address on the envelope?

    Absolutely. With a first and last name. Outside of looking suspicious without a return address, you want to know when an address is undeliverable, or when the people are not where the tax man thinks they are. Without a return address, the Post Office cannot return these to you.

  • Union, NJ · Member since 2013 · 65 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    Thank you,Jerry.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    IMHO.

    I would not use a first or last name as part of the return address except on postcards and there is a trainload of evidence to support this.

    As for wanting the mail back. In my younger days I would so I could take people off my mail list or update their address or drive by the house. Totally a waste.

    As we learn the highest and best use of resource, time and money, we learn that the best use of our resource is to market until we can't and then figure out how to do more.

    When your days turn from updating lists or tracking a seller to depositing escrow checks you'll understand.

    Until someone does a couple hundred transactions a year they just don't know.

  • Specialist · Irving, TX · Member since 2013 · 57 posts · 3 votes
    13y

    Michael Quarles out of curiosity why would you use your First and Last name. My last mailing I used my First and Middle

  • Specialist · Irving, TX · Member since 2013 · 57 posts · 3 votes
    13y

    Michael Quarles correction *wouldn't*

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Open rate. No name equals a better open rate.

    Our job is to get the mail piece opened. Last month we mailed close to a million pieces. I'm just detailing what I know works.

  • Queens, NY · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    Michael Quarles do you also leave out a return address?

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2012 · 52 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    You cant mail return without a return address.

  • Syracuse, NY · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 15 votes
    13y

    i used mike q for a mailing a few years ago and my phone blew up. I'll be doing another one here soon with Mike because i'm too lazy to write and i recommend that all of you learn to be lazy too. Probably be talking in a week or two Michael.

  • Mobile, AL · Member since 2010 · 238 posts · 44 votes
    13y

    So Mark,
    I am arranging for a YL campaign myself. I've read a good bit and convinced myself if I send out one mailing im in for 4 or 5 mailing to get optimum result. I am curious, did those calls that blew you phone up result in purchases/sales and why did you stop the direct mail?

    Doug

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.