Company to be on call for repairs and maintenance

Company to be on call for repairs and maintenance

Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello! Just starting out over here and wondering if there is such a thing as a property management company that just takes care of repairs and maintenance requests from the tenant. Rent collection and tenant screenings I can take care of but I'm not a handywoman and wanted to have that service off-loaded.

Is there such a thing or is it all or nothing? Thank you!

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Matthew CrivelliBusiness Member
Lender · MA · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
4y

100% you will be able to find a company that will handle this for you. I would ask other investors who are local who they use. Property management companies are not all equal when it comes to the fees they charge and the service provided. You will need to sign a contract with them so make sure the company has your best interests at heart. @Stacy C. S.

Freedom Capital Funding, LLC523 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Matthew CrivelliBusiness Member
    Lender · MA · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    100% you will be able to find a company that will handle this for you. I would ask other investors who are local who they use. Property management companies are not all equal when it comes to the fees they charge and the service provided. You will need to sign a contract with them so make sure the company has your best interests at heart. @Stacy C. S.

    Freedom Capital Funding, LLC523 Reviews
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Stacy C. S.:

    You'll have a tough time finding a property management company that offers ala carte services like this. Every professional manager I know will not offer this service. Either they manage the home or you do. Why not hand it over to them for everything? I screen over a thousand applicants per year and am better at stopping the bad ones than you. I know the market better and can get higher rent rates. I know the law better. I have policies and procedures in place to stop problems before they damage your property or impact your income. I have a strong lease that's been custom-built over the past 12 years and proven in court dozens of times.

    If you were going to hire something out, there are things far more important than maintenance coordination. 


    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    4y

    @Stacy C. S. you can hire Porch.com or similar services, but you will still have to mange the process.

  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    You could try Hemlane, they basically do this. I personally ended up cancelling my subscription as I was able to get better quotes than they obtained by calling around a couple of local contractors, and prefer to respond to tenants for maintenance issues faster than 1 full business day, but they are an option for this. I think it was $74/mo total for 1 unit, with some part of that being a flat fee for the subscription and an additional per-unit component.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.