Most of my tenants pay by zelle. Are there any softwares that I can use to collect rent online. Any recommendations ?
Most of my tenants pay by zelle. Are there any softwares that I can use to collect rent online. Any recommendations ?
Software is a common question on BiggerPockets. Here are some things to consider:
Some common names you'll see thrown around a lot: Stessa, Apartments.com, RentRedi, TenantCloud, Innago, RentManager, Avail, Rentec Direct, Doorloop, etc.
I recommend you search for each of those apps online and see what they offer, how much they charge, etc. Make a simple spreadsheet or written list with the features of each and see which ones appeal to you most. Try to narrow it down to your top 3-4. Once you have a short list, get an account with each one and run them through the wringer to see how they really function. Do one task at a time in each app so you can compare apples to apples.
After testing a few apps, one of them should stand out for you. Choose that one and use it. No system is perfect, so don't waste your time chasing after the next shiny object. You should only have to change when your current software has a flaw or lacking feature that is causing you to spend too much work on a work-around. Then you can consider researching and finding something that meets your needs better.
Most of my tenants pay by zelle. Are there any softwares that I can use to collect rent online. Any recommendations ?
Software is a common question on BiggerPockets. Here are some things to consider:
Some common names you'll see thrown around a lot: Stessa, Apartments.com, RentRedi, TenantCloud, Innago, RentManager, Avail, Rentec Direct, Doorloop, etc.
I recommend you search for each of those apps online and see what they offer, how much they charge, etc. Make a simple spreadsheet or written list with the features of each and see which ones appeal to you most. Try to narrow it down to your top 3-4. Once you have a short list, get an account with each one and run them through the wringer to see how they really function. Do one task at a time in each app so you can compare apples to apples.
After testing a few apps, one of them should stand out for you. Choose that one and use it. No system is perfect, so don't waste your time chasing after the next shiny object. You should only have to change when your current software has a flaw or lacking feature that is causing you to spend too much work on a work-around. Then you can consider researching and finding something that meets your needs better.
I am looking for a software with below -
1. Accept payments through zelle
2. Send automated email remainders and late rate
3. Report to credit companies if rent is not collected
4. Is affordable
I am looking for a software with below -
1. Accept payments through zelle
2. Send automated email remainders and late rate
3. Report to credit companies if rent is not collected
4. Is affordable
Hi Harita,
I don't know of any programs that are integrated with Zelle. Early Warning runs Zelle and I don't believe they offer integrations. You would need to use rental payment software to collect payments through ACH. For the payments you collect through Zelle, make sure the software offers a way to record "offline" payments not processed through the software.
I am reviewing Azibo for accounting but I know it offers payment processing and payment tracking as well. Good luck!
Most of my tenants pay by zelle. Are there any softwares that I can use to collect rent online. Any recommendations ?
NO, They would send there then you have to transfer. Just use Builium,
How many properties/tenants do you have? Why do you need a software?
You definitely don’t need anything more than quicken for the first 20-30 properties. If you insist on using Zelle. (Setting up automated ACH would be 100 times better). Then just have them zelle to your bank account and quicken will download and enter them. It’s $50/year and pretty much overkill.
I am looking for a software with below -
1. Accept payments through zelle
2. Send automated email remainders and late rate
3. Report to credit companies if rent is not collected
4. Is affordable
Hello Harita, I'm from azibo (in the process of getting my Premium membership). Thanks for the checklist and we almost check all the boxes, with a caveat for #3. The credit reports we send to the credit bureaus are those paid on time, which help build the renters' credit scores. Would love to connect to understand your needs and concerns better.
Most of my tenants pay by zelle. Are there any softwares that I can use to collect rent online. Any recommendations ?
Software is a common question on BiggerPockets. Here are some things to consider:
Some common names you'll see thrown around a lot: Stessa, Apartments.com, RentRedi, TenantCloud, Innago, RentManager, Avail, Rentec Direct, Doorloop, etc.
I recommend you search for each of those apps online and see what they offer, how much they charge, etc. Make a simple spreadsheet or written list with the features of each and see which ones appeal to you most. Try to narrow it down to your top 3-4. Once you have a short list, get an account with each one and run them through the wringer to see how they really function. Do one task at a time in each app so you can compare apples to apples.
After testing a few apps, one of them should stand out for you. Choose that one and use it. No system is perfect, so don't waste your time chasing after the next shiny object. You should only have to change when your current software has a flaw or lacking feature that is causing you to spend too much work on a work-around. Then you can consider researching and finding something that meets your needs better.
Hello Nathan,
Appreciate your insights and knowledge, and your advice of testing different solutions. I can't agree more with you that "no software is perfect". But I think differently about the comparison between spreadsheets and software for small investors. Would love to chat and show you what azibo is capable of today. Will request to connect.
Hey Harita! Currently Zelle is standalone. But they’re working with a software company right now to develop a solution for tenants to pay rent through. Here’s the link on this:
Hope this helps!
I am looking for a software with below -
1. Accept payments through zelle
2. Send automated email remainders and late rate
3. Report to credit companies if rent is not collected
4. Is affordable
Hello Harita, I'm from azibo (in the process of getting my Premium membership). Thanks for the checklist and we almost check all the boxes, with a caveat for #3. The credit reports we send to the credit bureaus are those paid on time, which help build the renters' credit scores. Would love to connect to understand your needs and concerns better.
I spoke to someone from Azibo, what is the point if it is not reported when tenants don't pay in time.
I am looking for a software with below -
1. Accept payments through zelle
2. Send automated email remainders and late rate
3. Report to credit companies if rent is not collected
4. Is affordable
Hello Harita, I'm from azibo (in the process of getting my Premium membership). Thanks for the checklist and we almost check all the boxes, with a caveat for #3. The credit reports we send to the credit bureaus are those paid on time, which help build the renters' credit scores. Would love to connect to understand your needs and concerns better.
I spoke to someone from Azibo, what is the point if it is not reported when tenants don't pay in time.
Very valuable feedback for us, so thank you! We are checking and will get back to you soon.
Hey Harita! Currently Zelle is standalone. But they’re working with a software company right now to develop a solution for tenants to pay rent through. Here’s the link on this:
Hope this helps!
They don't report to credit companies either.
Hey Harita! Currently Zelle is standalone. But they’re working with a software company right now to develop a solution for tenants to pay rent through. Here’s the link on this:
Hope this helps!
They don't report to credit companies either.
Hi Harita, I hope the following information would be helpful for you.
Azibo's offering, as other rent reporting solutions in the market, focuses on encouraging renters to pay on time to improve their credits. The flip side of reporting delinquent payments isn't common and won't be as effective as it sounds because the credit bureaus thinks a payment is not late unless it is over 30 days late. Most tenants won't pay that late, and when some do, the landlords are usually already working on an eviction.
In case your comments about "not reporting to credit companies" was related to Azibo, we do report all relevant info to the right parties. Happy to chat more to clarify!
I am looking for a software with below -
1. Accept payments through zelle
2. Send automated email remainders and late rate
3. Report to credit companies if rent is not collected
4. Is affordable
Hello Harita, I'm from azibo (in the process of getting my Premium membership). Thanks for the checklist and we almost check all the boxes, with a caveat for #3. The credit reports we send to the credit bureaus are those paid on time, which help build the renters' credit scores. Would love to connect to understand your needs and concerns better.
I spoke to someone from Azibo, what is the point if it is not reported when tenants don't pay in time.
Can someone confirm my understanding of using Stessa and what I plan on doing.
I plan on using Stessa to manage my 1st property, I know most of you said it's not needed, but it's free and keeps everything simple for me. It is making me sign up for their banking account in order to send my tenant the ability to make payments through their site.
But what I think I am realizing is that I can have my tenant make payment through Zelle which is connected to my Chase Business Account. I then have my Chase Business Account linked to Stessa so it will import the payments and still run all the features that I like (Tracking Rental Income, P/L statements, Tax form simple print outs) because it will sync with my Chase Business account.
Would love some advice from previous owners and users of Stessa.