how to monitor multiple properties for heating / cooling failures

how to monitor multiple properties for heating / cooling failures

Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Wondering if there are product recommendations to monitor multiple properties for heating and cooling failures? I see there are multiple products that monitor temperature and humidity and as well as alert, have a different price point as well as subscription options etc. Appreciate recommendations/suggestions who have used them and share your feedback, thank you

0Reply
169 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3d

    Ring systems have a temp alarm available.

  • Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    2d

    Thank you Richard, I will check it. I am also looking at other options, need a central dashboard for all units (helps monitor them all in one dashboard) and also data logging/retention for longer periods. I will share my findings for the community soon.

  • Real Estate Agent · Memphis · Member since 2026 · 552 posts · 318 votes
    2h

    For multiple properties, I’d care less about the brand and more about whether you can see every property from one dashboard and get an alert when the temperature goes outside a range you set. A few things worth checking before choosing one:

    • Does it alert by text/push notification, not just email?

    • Will it notify you if the device itself goes offline?

    • Can you manage multiple locations under one account?

    • Does it need Wi-Fi, and what happens during an internet or power outage?

    • Is the subscription per device or per account?

    The offline alert would be a big one for me. A temperature sensor isn’t much help if the furnace fails at the same time the property loses internet and you never know the monitor stopped reporting.

  • Member since 2026 · 31 posts · 8 votes
    32m

    For several units I'd want the alert to identify the property and the last reading, not just say "temperature low." I'd also keep one log of the alert, who was called, and whether the heat actually came back. Otherwise you can have a dashboard full of green lights and no record of what happened overnight.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.