Maiden Voyage - Cape Cod Real Estate Sub-Forum First Post

Maiden Voyage - Cape Cod Real Estate Sub-Forum First Post

Real Estate Agent · Sandwich, MA · Member since 2014 · 974 posts · 636 votes

Hello fellow Cape Codders! I'm so happy BP finally created a sub-forum for Cape Cod in Massachusetts, so I thought I would get the ball rolling and make the first post. 

Are other people interested in getting together (via zoom or social distancing event) for a REIA meetup? I have seen evidence in the forums that there used to be a Cape Cod focused REIA in the past but it appears to have fizzled out. If you're interested, please respond back with the following so I can gauge interest and organize an event. If you don't want to post in the forums, send me a private message.

1. Your preferred meeting location - upper/mid/lower/outer

2. Your experience level - (0 deals, 1-4, 5-10, 10-49, 50+)

3. Preferred meeting style - (networking only, event speaker, other-please describe)

4. Preferred meeting day of week

5. Investment style - (STR/Vacation, Long-Term, Flipping, etc)

6. Contact information and preferred contact method.

I look forward to hearing back from all of you.

3Reply
65 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Plymouth, MA · Member since 2019 · 22 posts · 9 votes
6y

@Mason Hickman

Hi Mason,

I am so happy I came across this post. I am located in Plymouth and was just thinking there don’t seem to be many networking groups south of Boston. I am a loan officer and investor myself and would to meet up with other like-minded people.

If you need any help setting something up I am happy to help in any way I can!

See this reply in the discussion

48 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lien VuongBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Nice to see the state expanding! 

  • Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 209 posts · 126 votes
    6y

    I would be interested. I am a Boston Broker, but most of my personal investment deals have been down on the Cape including my current project in Hyannis. I have done a few now and brokered more deals in Boston. 

    Open to what makes sense and Hyannis-Sandwich is probably easiest for me. Feel free to msg me here and I can shoot you my contact info.

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    6y

    When you have decided on a time, place, etc, please post the event in the Events forum.

  • Bob ReinhardBusiness Member
    Lender · Patterson, NY · Member since 2017 · 488 posts · 186 votes
    6y
    Greetings & Happy Primary Day.
    I'd be happy to Zoom along.
    Short sale consultant in NY & CT and boutique hard money lender with a place in South Yarmouth.
  • Developer · Chatham MA · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Hi All, 

    I too am interested to meet and network with fellow investors on Cape Cod. I have been real estate investing for 20 years and my primary activities are providing loans for private mortgages to rehabbers, building new construction homes and investing in year round rentals. I am happy to share any of my knowledge and experience with others. If you feel we have any similar interest please let me know and let’s set up a call to get familiar with each other’s goals. Currently I prefer zoom or small attendance group meetings. 

    Regards,

    Mark

  • Property Manager · Boston · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    I grew up in Harwich, and closed on a buy and hold duplex in Orleans last year! Currently owner-occupying. Classic BRRRR, just closed on refinancing, onto the repeat! Right now it's 1 year leases, but likely targeting short term rentals with the next one.

    Lower Cape is best for me, but I don't mind driving.  Week nights are best, and I enjoy having both speakers and networking.  I think a mix of both is best.

    Mason, if you need any help getting the ball rolling, message me.  I've been involved in meetups in the Boston area for the past few years.

  • Rental Property Investor · Sandwich, MA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Mason, this is great. I have also seen evidence of an old REIA meeting and am glad that someone has stepped up to start one again.

    1. Open to anywhere within 45 minutes but preferably anywhere from Bourne-Dennis

    2. Experience - 0 deals

    3. Combination of networking, guest speakers and open to other formats

    4. Preferred Thursday-Sunday but open to other days

    5. Long-term buy and hold

    6. Contact info provided

  • Lender · Plymouth, MA · Member since 2019 · 22 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Mason Hickman

    Hi Mason,

    I am so happy I came across this post. I am located in Plymouth and was just thinking there don’t seem to be many networking groups south of Boston. I am a loan officer and investor myself and would to meet up with other like-minded people.

    If you need any help setting something up I am happy to help in any way I can!

  • Real Estate Agent · Sandwich, MA · Member since 2014 · 974 posts · 636 votes
    6y

    Hi everyone, 

    I'm so glad to hear there is some interest in getting a group together! I have reached out to a few local places to coordinate a location and will keep the group updated as things progress. 

    Stay tuned....

  • Real Estate Agent · Sandwich, MA · Member since 2014 · 974 posts · 636 votes
    6y

    Sorry for the delay everyone: I have found a location that will host a covid-friendly event for a limited number of people to do networking and drinks. The venue is The Daniel Webster Inn in Sandwich, MA. I have tentatively scheduled the inaugural event for Thursday October 22. I am hoping to get some consensus before officially booking and showing up to a conference room by myself!

    Let me know if I can count on you and we'll make it official. 

    Commenting so everyone gets a notification:

    @Lien Vuong @Jarrod Kohl @Bob Reinhard @Mark Zippo @Cam Hadfield @Tom Colombo @Brandi Sharp

    @Bob Reinhardundefined

  • Bob ReinhardBusiness Member
    Lender · Patterson, NY · Member since 2017 · 488 posts · 186 votes
    6y
    Might I suggest the following:
    The MeetUps that I host are in diners. We are not charged for the space. We only pay for consumables, especially since they begin at 7pm 'til 830pm. The diner makes midweek money and we get a grateful host.
    Bob
  • Developer · Chatham MA · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Hi Mason, 

    I am happy to make the meeting on October 22 in Sandwich. Appreciate you taking the initiative to get this moving

  • Property Manager · Boston · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    Thanks for setting things up Mason!

    I'd second @Bob Reinhard's suggestion of using a restaurant if we're open to a more casual approach, I've been to meetups that work pretty well that way.

    I'll be off Cape for training that week unfortunately, but may still be able to make it.  Definitely available Thursday the week before or after if it's helpful! 

  • Contractor · Osterville, MA · Member since 2018 · 41 posts · 30 votes
    6y

    Add me to the list as well.  Awhile back there used to be a Cape Cod Property Investors group or Landlord Group - I forget the exact name. Ronnie from Bass River Properties used to run it. We met monthly and I want to say there was about 20-35 members.  And this was back when the internet was just getting started. 

  • Investor · Cape cod MA · Member since 2015 · 62 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    im interested

  • Property Manager · Boston · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Still on for 10/22?  Unfortunately I won't be able to make it.

    Absolutely interested in future meetups though!  I'm free the following few Thursdays if it's worth pushing out for others as well.

  • Rental Property Investor · Yarmouthport, MA · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    I would like to be a part of the meet up next Thursday if there is room. Definitely interested in future meet ups going forward if this doesn't happen. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Sandwich, MA · Member since 2014 · 974 posts · 636 votes
    5y

    Based on the responses from a bunch of people (on and off the forums), I think it makes the most sense to push the initial meetup into November and to look for a venue that people can get on board with. I’m thinking the second week in November. Let me know if you are interested/ available based on a new date.

    Stay tuned.

  • New to Real Estate · Boston, MA · Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 18 votes
    5y

    @Mason Hickman

    Hi Mason,

    My wife and I grew up in sandwich, we're in Boston now but I still have some friends that live in the area. I would be interested in the meet up next month, even if it means the travel. I am definitely interested in finding and making some contacts as I know the Cape is a huge rental market, whether year round, seasonal or short term.

    Hopefully you get enough interest to hold the even!

  • Lender · Plymouth, MA · Member since 2019 · 22 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    Hi Mason,

    I apologize for my delayed response. I am available in early November as of right now. Are people wanting a more informal place to meetup? Would it make sense to have a Zoom meetup initially? I have attended a few of those and they seem to work pretty well. Let me know how I can help!

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Hi Mason, 

     I am also interested in the November meetup.  I would very much like to meet  everyone interested in all facets of real estate.  Please add me to the list! And thanks for getting this group off and running.  

  • Investor · Cape cod MA · Member since 2015 · 62 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    Interested in partaking whenever this occurs

  • Real Estate Agent · Sandwich, MA · Member since 2014 · 974 posts · 636 votes
    5y

    I've gone back to the drawing board and came up with the solution to all of our problems: Just add beer! 

    Barnstable Brewing has agreed to host our inaugural event on Wednesday, November 11 in the evening (likely in the 6-8 timeframe). I'm working through details to get the times firmed up but wanted to put it out there so everyone can add it to their calendar. 

  • Investor · Chatham, MA · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Mason Hickman

    Sounds good. Thanks for getting the ball rolling. I live in Chatham and I’m in the 5-10 deal range. I have more experience with commercial than residential properties.

    I’m up for zoom at this point but with young kids, evening meet ups are tough for me to make.

  • Property Manager · Boston · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Great, it's on my calendar!  Looking forward to meeting some of the folks here.  I'll echo thanks Mason, appreciate the initiative

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.