Maiden Voyage - Cape Cod Real Estate Sub-Forum First Post

Maiden Voyage - Cape Cod Real Estate Sub-Forum First Post

Real Estate Agent · Sandwich, MA · Member since 2014 · 974 posts · 636 votes

Hello fellow Cape Codders! I'm so happy BP finally created a sub-forum for Cape Cod in Massachusetts, so I thought I would get the ball rolling and make the first post. 

Are other people interested in getting together (via zoom or social distancing event) for a REIA meetup? I have seen evidence in the forums that there used to be a Cape Cod focused REIA in the past but it appears to have fizzled out. If you're interested, please respond back with the following so I can gauge interest and organize an event. If you don't want to post in the forums, send me a private message.

1. Your preferred meeting location - upper/mid/lower/outer

2. Your experience level - (0 deals, 1-4, 5-10, 10-49, 50+)

3. Preferred meeting style - (networking only, event speaker, other-please describe)

4. Preferred meeting day of week

5. Investment style - (STR/Vacation, Long-Term, Flipping, etc)

6. Contact information and preferred contact method.

I look forward to hearing back from all of you.

3Reply
61 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Plymouth, MA · Member since 2019 · 22 posts · 9 votes
6y

@Mason Hickman

Hi Mason,

I am so happy I came across this post. I am located in Plymouth and was just thinking there don’t seem to be many networking groups south of Boston. I am a loan officer and investor myself and would to meet up with other like-minded people.

If you need any help setting something up I am happy to help in any way I can!

See this reply in the discussion

48 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Scituate, MA · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    I am interested

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    I'm a broker on the South Shore, but have family down on the Cape and am looking at some investment property down that way. I'd love to attend the November event.

  • NY · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    Hi Mason, thanks for getting this going. I grew up on Cape with majority of my family still there and would definitely be interested in future meetups. I'm in NY now but will stay tuned if there are any weekend meetups as I could easily shoot back to visit the fam. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Sandwich, MA · Member since 2014 · 974 posts · 636 votes
    5y

    Hi everyone. I wanted to let you know that the first meetup event has been confirmed for 6:00-8:00 PM on 11/11/20 at Barnstable Brewing located at 485 W Main St, Hyannis, MA 02601. 

    There is an event page here on BP. It would be great if you RSVP so I can get a general count on who will be in attendance. 
    Thanks and look forward to seeing you there!

  • Property Manager · Boston · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Great news, I'll be there!

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    I'll be there! 

  • Bob ReinhardBusiness Member
    Lender · Patterson, NY · Member since 2017 · 488 posts · 186 votes
    5y

    @Mason Hickman Regrets. Commitments prevent my Cape-scapades in coming from NY.

    Much success !!!

  • Rental Property Investor · New Braunfels Texas · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    I will try to make it.

  • Lender · Plymouth, MA · Member since 2019 · 22 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    I will be there! 

  • Property Manager · Boston · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Great to meet everyone last night!  Mason, thank you for setting up.  If nothing else, it's great to meet real humans in this industry right now.  I'll definitely be at the next one.  If you'd like to pass off organizing or do it round robin style, I'm always happy to help!

    If anybody needs help working numbers, connecting with contractors, or just wants to chat real estate - I'm in. I'm currently looking for creative financing, and want to get my hands dirty on a second deal.  If you're a DIYer, and need extra hands, let me know.  You buy the beer, I'm happy to help.  Best way to learn and sharpen my skills is to get out there and do it.  I have experience framing, insulating, siding, landscaping/site work, cabinets, flooring, etc.

  • Real Estate Agent · Sandwich, MA · Member since 2014 · 974 posts · 636 votes
    5y

    Hey everyone, 

    Looking to get things going again and have another in-person meetup. Event details are below and are also set up on the events page. I hope you all can make it; if you could RSVP on the events page, it would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to invite anyone you think would like to join. See you all there! 

    Date: Thursday, December 17, 2020

    Time: 6:00 - 8:00PM

    Location: Barnstable Brewing - 485 W Main St, Hyannis, MA 02601I

    @Jarrod Kohl@Bob Reinhard@Mark Zippo@Cam Hadfield@Tom Colombo@Brandi Sharp@Russell Cazeault @Luca Mastrangelo @Ben Grew @Timothy Walsh @Wills Hassler @Molly MacGregor @Kevin Brennan @Bill Kingdon @Conor Rood @James Brown

  • Property Manager · Boston · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    I'll be there!  Here's the link for folks too:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

  • Real Estate Agent · Sandwich, MA · Member since 2014 · 974 posts · 636 votes
    5y

    Due to the inbound snowstorm and lower expected attendance, I have decided to cancel this month’s meeting (12/17/20) and push it until next month. We have confirmed for January 14 from 6:00 – 8:00 at Barnstable Brewing. I look forward to seeing you all there. Stay safe and happy holidays!

  • Bob ReinhardBusiness Member
    Lender · Patterson, NY · Member since 2017 · 488 posts · 186 votes
    5y
    Obliged.
    Healthy holidays to all and a prosperous 2021 !!
    Bob
  • Lender · Boston · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    Hey there Cape Folks! Anyone active wholesaling On Cape?


    Cheers and happy New Year!

  • Rafael ZanettePro Member
    Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Mason Hickman hello mason, Nice that you creat this chat! Always wanted to know more about investing in the cape. Shoot me a message and I would love to be on the next meet up! Let’s talk!

  • Developer · Chatham MA · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Brandi Sharp

    Hi Brandi

    Are you still in the mortgage business. I attempted to reach out via email and mobile and no response

    Regards,

    Mark

  • Cape cod · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    I think I’m finding this post a bit late but I’m 23 with one Multi-Fam on the cape and I’d love to join in the next meetup I’m a fully vaccinated FireFighter if that helps also 

  • Investor · Cape cod MA · Member since 2015 · 62 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    Any meetups on the calendar for the future?

  • Real Estate Agent · Sandwich, MA · Member since 2014 · 974 posts · 636 votes
    5y

    @Luca Mastrangelo

    More and more folks have been requesting a meet up. Over the next few days, I’ll get a zoom on the calendar for later in the month. Until Covid is a bit more under control, I think it makes sense to hold virtual meetings rather than in-person.

  • Real Estate Agent · Sandwich, MA · Member since 2014 · 974 posts · 636 votes
    5y

    The online meeting has been set for April 22 at 6:00PM a link to the event page is below.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Hope to see you all there!  

  • Real Estate Agent · Sandwich, MA · Member since 2014 · 974 posts · 636 votes
    5y
  • John B ClarkPro Member
    Waltham, MA · Member since 2021 · 38 posts · 26 votes
    5y

    Hi everyone!  My wife and I are set to close on our first short term rental in Plymouth in a couple of weeks.  I would love to meet more of you and share anything I’ve learned so far (not much), but mostly just get to know others who are doing what we’re hoping to get into!  Please add me to your meetup notifications, if possible.  We live in Waltham, but I can make the commute if family obligations allow (we have 4 kids).  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.