Indianapolis Turnkey Providers

Indianapolis Turnkey Providers

Investor · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2017 · 40 posts · 65 votes
Hey Guys! I'm new to BP living in Florida and currently looking for turnkey providers in the Indianapolis area as well as property management companies in the case that the one the turnkey company provides isn't a good fit for me. I've talked to Morris Invest and Cashflow Savvy and I found Pinnacle Investments, Norada, American Property Investments and Maverick Investment Group on Turnkey-reviews.com. I've already read the thread on Morris Invest and wanted more options. Have any of you guys had experience with the other companies I mentioned? And could anyone point me in the direction of good property management companies in the Indianapolis area? Thanks in advanced!!!
2Reply
124 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 61 posts · 28 votes
9y

@Corey Robinson

I'll recommend PARC Property Group as well.  I just closed on my first property with them late last year and they made the process as simple as it could be.  

I did tons of due diligence on multiple TK providers and PARC was the only one who checked off all the necessary boxes.  If you're looking for a 1 stop shop, PARC is the way to go.

Feel free to PM me for details or any further questions you may have about them.

Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

35 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Brielle, NJ · Member since 2015 · 121 posts · 21 votes
    9y

    I've had a good experience with PARC properties. I've written about my experience with them on here in a few places if you search my posts

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 61 posts · 28 votes
    9y

    @Corey Robinson

    I'll recommend PARC Property Group as well.  I just closed on my first property with them late last year and they made the process as simple as it could be.  

    I did tons of due diligence on multiple TK providers and PARC was the only one who checked off all the necessary boxes.  If you're looking for a 1 stop shop, PARC is the way to go.

    Feel free to PM me for details or any further questions you may have about them.

    Good luck!

  • Specialist · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 670 posts · 352 votes
    9y
    Corey Robinson the turnkey provider should also own the property management company. This holds them accountable for both repairs and tenant placement that they oversee on the front end. I do have a reference in Indy for you in your looking for another option.
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome aboard @Corey Robinson

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I am in the business, albeit we are small compared to most management companies in Indy (150 units). I can give you a great recommendation on who to call but I would need to know where your property(s) are located and what types of property e.g. single family, multi, etc. Feel free to shoot me a message 

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 4 votes
    9y

    I purchased a property in Indianapolis in July of 2015 with HomeUnion. Make sure you read all the fine print and check for details because they don't. I found a variety of errors in contracts or differences between what I was "sold" and what the contracts stated. I believe that I did get a good property, which is generating cash flow, however, HomeUnion's property management was terrible. And I switched PM after just 4 months. I've also had a LOT of repair costs, and I suspect that HomeUnion didn't work hard enough for me on inspection and seller-paid repairs or on some of the minor rehab they did. 

    They do have good and flashy insights and a usable client interface as though they have the skeleton to be good, but are still working on it. While ultimately, I think it worked out for me, I'm looking for another property now and would not use HomeUnion again. 

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Originally posted by @Meredith McCurdy:

    I purchased a property in Indianapolis in July of 2015 with HomeUnion. Make sure you read all the fine print and check for details because they don't. I found a variety of errors in contracts or differences between what I was "sold" and what the contracts stated. I believe that I did get a good property, which is generating cash flow, however, HomeUnion's property management was terrible. And I switched PM after just 4 months. I've also had a LOT of repair costs, and I suspect that HomeUnion didn't work hard enough for me on inspection and seller-paid repairs or on some of the minor rehab they did. 

    They do have good and flashy insights and a usable client interface as though they have the skeleton to be good, but are still working on it. While ultimately, I think it worked out for me, I'm looking for another property now and would not use HomeUnion again. 

     This is good to know, thanks! Was looking into Homeunion too.

  • Investor · Lake Forest, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 2 votes
    9y

    Meredith I agree regarding HomeUnion... they are very inexperienced and made many mistakes with my investment property.  I should have researched their senior executives first because I now know that none of them have any real estate experience.  The company charges a high amount for fees and management, has poor customer service and they don't really seem to know real estate. I have done better on my own and saved money.

  • Fremont, CA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    9y
    Hi Jack,

    I am currently searching thru markets to get my first investment property, while the turn key provider sounds like the easier way, I want to try to get it on my own and Indy is one of the markets i am looking into. 

    You mentioned you went on your own. Did you use a local realtor? Also, at the moment who is managing your portfolio and how happy are you with their service? 

    Any advise/tip for a new investor would be highly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance and good luck with your current and future investments.

    Kal,


    Originally posted by @Jack O'Malley:

    Meredith I agree regarding HomeUnion... they are very inexperienced and made many mistakes with my investment property.  I should have researched their senior executives first because I now know that none of them have any real estate experience.  The company charges a high amount for fees and management, has poor customer service and they don't really seem to know real estate. I have done better on my own and saved money.

  • Fremont, CA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    9y
    Jerry,

    Are you looking strictly for turnkey operator and have you found any TK provider worthy of sharing with investors looking into Indy?

    Thanks in advance and good luck with your current and future investments :)

    Originallyy posted by @Jerry Soer:
    Originally posted by @Meredith McCurdy:

    I purchased a property in Indianapolis in July of 2015 with HomeUnion. Make sure you read all the fine print and check for details because they don't. I found a variety of errors in contracts or differences between what I was "sold" and what the contracts stated. I believe that I did get a good property, which is generating cash flow, however, HomeUnion's property management was terrible. And I switched PM after just 4 months. I've also had a LOT of repair costs, and I suspect that HomeUnion didn't work hard enough for me on inspection and seller-paid repairs or on some of the minor rehab they did. 

    They do have good and flashy insights and a usable client interface as though they have the skeleton to be good, but are still working on it. While ultimately, I think it worked out for me, I'm looking for another property now and would not use HomeUnion again. 

     This is good to know, thanks! Was looking into Homeunion too.

  • Fremont, CA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Hi Meredith,

    Thank you for sharing your experience.

    I am currently searching thru various markets to get my first investment property, while a turn key provider sounds like the easier way, I want to try to get it on my own and Indy is one of the markets i am looking into.

    You mentioned you are looking for another property and would not use HomeUnion as TK provider. Do you plan to use another TK provider or a local realtor? Also, at the moment which property management company is helping you with your portfolio and how happy are you with their service?

    Any advise/tip for a new investor for Indy market would be highly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance and good luck with your current and future investments.

    Kal,





    Originally posted by @Meredith McCurdy:

    I purchased a property in Indianapolis in July of 2015 with HomeUnion. Make sure you read all the fine print and check for details because they don't. I found a variety of errors in contracts or differences between what I was "sold" and what the contracts stated. I believe that I did get a good property, which is generating cash flow, however, HomeUnion's property management was terrible. And I switched PM after just 4 months. I've also had a LOT of repair costs, and I suspect that HomeUnion didn't work hard enough for me on inspection and seller-paid repairs or on some of the minor rehab they did. 

    They do have good and flashy insights and a usable client interface as though they have the skeleton to be good, but are still working on it. While ultimately, I think it worked out for me, I'm looking for another property now and would not use HomeUnion again. 

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    HI @@Karthick Bhaskaran

    I am looking to buy in Indiana as well and am currently researching neighbourhoods. Could you share the neighbourhoods you bought property in and name of the Turnkey company/Realtor you bought it thru.

    -Abhi

  • Alhambra, CA · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    @Karthick Bhaskaran I am also interested in your response to Abhishek B's question.

  • Rental Property Investor · Orange, CA · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    Hey @Abhishek B. and @Jeffrey Leung . The properties i have are in the Eagledale area. I used Mike Carter from RE/MAX Advanced Realty. I don't believe he uses bigger pockets but if you message me privately, I can give you his info. I believe you can look up his info directly of Re/Max website. 

  • Piscataway, NJ · Member since 2017 · 82 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Hank Keller:

    I've purchased 7 homes in Indy through a turnkey provider that has over 2000 homes under management. They also have their own construction company, property management company and brokerage under roof. I've been using them for almost 4 years now and will continue to buy from them both in Indy and in other markets they are in. The owner has also been featured on a one of the will known real estate podcasts. PM me if you have questions...

     Hello Hank,

    Can you please provide PM company name as I am also looking to get SFR at Indianapolis?

    Cheers,

    Kulin

  • Rental Property Investor · Mansfield, OH · Member since 2017 · 151 posts · 117 votes
    8y

    @Kulin Dakwala - I’ll PM you...

    Hank

  • West Hollywood, CA · Member since 2016 · 123 posts · 43 votes
    8y

    Hi @Hank Keller, would you mind PM'ing me with the info as well? Love to see what other providers are out there. I'm looking for my next deal around the area. Thanks. 

  • Bloomington, IN · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    @Hank Keller--we are also looking for turnkey properties in the Indianapolis area. If you would be willing to share any reputable companies, we would be grateful!  Many thanks!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    I’ve purchased a property in Alabama through Cash Flow Savvy and am more willing to share my experiences with them. I’ve also purchased a property in Indy through AREI and can also talk about that as well. Just send me a message if you are interested, thanks!
  • Developer · Nashville, TN · Member since 2016 · 484 posts · 406 votes
    8y

    Full disclosure...I am a partner in this company.  We've worked very hard to give investors great opportunities to buy strong cash flowing properties in Indy.  They are in excellent condition, managed correctly, and with complete transparency. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 507 posts · 171 votes
    8y

    Is turn key still viable in the Indy market?

  • Everett, WA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    I’m curious as well. I’ve been seeing some properties in the past couple months pop up on some RE apps I have that look semi-decent in the 50-100k range that look promising if I had boots on the ground. Anyone still investing there or have you moved elsewhere for a solid cash flowing property?

  • Rental Property Investor · Findlay, OH · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    It has been a while since I have purchased SFR properties in Indianapolis, so I am not to tuned into the turnkey market. However, if your search comes up empty, you can always contact property managers and ask if they have any owners looking to sell. It's not a coincidence that many larger property management companies have realtors on staff.

    Also, you can sign up for some wholesaler's mailing list, I've found a few deals in those.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.