B of A Sucks Official Thread

Most Popular Reply

Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
15y

When I think of customer no service, instantly B of A pops up. Some time ago B of A was my bank. For some time I had a good personal banker that got things done and followed through. They promoted him and everything went down hill from there.

Needless to say I pulled everything I had in BofA and went to another bank that was happy to work with me.

See this reply in the discussion

141 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    15y

    I have always enjoyed listening to what he has to sy, but enough is enough. First he helped Goldman Sachs and now BofA, both of which have large parts in our financial crisis. I will now have to re-think my feelings for him.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    BofA NEEDS to be insolvent. They are the epitome of all that is wrong with our current banking system.

  • Homeowner · Littleton, CO · Member since 2011 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Bryan Hancock:
    Buffet knows a good deal when he sees one. I think he has to be my enemy now though!

    You are right not to admire Buffet. The sordid Franklin Credit Union scandal led directly to him. His "philanthropical" credit union was founded in his wife Susan's name.

    But it was only a cover for the most heinous abuses of children and drugs to compromise the careers and control the votes of congress persons, senators, and even world leaders.

    Watch "Conspiracy of Silence" to learn more.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggxiBWv4xYE

  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    15y

    I take back what I said about Buffet. What a bone headed move.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
    15y

    Bone headed how?

  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    15y

    Bone headed as in putting money into a corporation that needs to be shut down.

  • Property Manager · Johnson City NY · Member since 2011 · 77 posts · 1 vote
    15y

    Theft via "overdraft" fees alone committed on countless of small accts throughout the country, assumed legal on some strange bases, makes the downfall of BofA an impossible dream. Yes, they need to be shut down.

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 282 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Will Barnard:
    I have always enjoyed listening to what he has to sy, but enough is enough. First he helped Goldman Sachs and now BofA, both of which have large parts in our financial crisis. I will now have to re-think my feelings for him.

    I was over him when I heard he'd cut his granddaugher out of his life because she appeared in that documentary. There could be more to the story but it seemed pretty cold. I don't begrudge him his success but I have a feeling that his real personality is quite different from that kindly persona he likes to project to the media.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    "Home Page Temporarily Unavailable"

    I've been trying to log on to B of A for 2 hours from both my PC and my phone. No dice. Anyone else having problems?

  • Commercial Loan Officer · Southern Maine, ME · Member since 2009 · 782 posts · 415 votes
    15y

    I'm having issues logging in as well.

    I'll add that I'm none too pleased to hear that BoA will start implementing a $5/month fee if you use your DEBIT card to purchase items at a store.

    Hopefully, they change their minds about doing that, but if they don't I might have to switch to another bank.

    I still might pick up some of their stock though......

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Darryl Dahlen:
    I still might pick up some of their stock though......

    Buy it now for $6 rather than the $7 Warren Buffet paid for it a month ago.

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2010 · 328 posts · 182 votes
    15y

    Heaven forbid you need to change anything in person. Hope you have half a day to waste in the lobby. I think every time my wife goes in there to deal with a problem, she ends up having to ask for whoever is supposed to be running the place.

    Just another place that makes my blood boil.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    Coming up on 4 hours with no online access. Oh, and it's Friday and the last day of the month. Can you imagine their branches right now?

  • Rental Property Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2011 · 105 posts · 24 votes
    15y

    Jon, have you tried clicking on through the message that comes up? I got the Home Page temporarily unavailable message, but there is a link to go to Online Banking. From there, I was able to click through to the log-on screen...

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Jeff B.:
    Jon, have you tried clicking on through the message that comes up? I got the Home Page temporarily unavailable message, but there is a link to go to Online Banking. From there, I was able to click through to the log-on screen...

    Tried that 3X. Thanks.

  • Commercial Loan Officer · Southern Maine, ME · Member since 2009 · 782 posts · 415 votes
    15y

    FYI- I was able to log in just now.

  • Investor · Lucas, TX · Member since 2010 · 620 posts · 352 votes
    15y

    One thing they seem to be good at is quick foreclosures. :D

    Or at least in my case. I picked up a property that had a tonne of equity in it. I wasn't on the note and it didn't take them long to stop accepting my payment.

    Then they foreclosed on the property. I think it took them 21 days from the time they figured out what was going on until foreclosure on the court house steps. Thankfully I sold it a few days before the auction.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    15y
    You mean with all the examples in this thread about BofA, you still have not switched and only will if they do not change their minds on the $5 debit card usage fee (which by the way, I am quite sure they will charge)?

    I just don't understand how anyone would want to comtinue doing busienss with such a company. How many people do they have to screw before everyone realizes they should not be doing business with this crooked corporation? :idea:

  • Commercial Loan Officer · Southern Maine, ME · Member since 2009 · 782 posts · 415 votes
    15y

    For me, BoA provides a lot of what of what I'm looking for when it comes to business banking. Not to mention, they have several branches and a full service ATM all within a close distance.

    Granted, most of us can do a lot of what we need to do from any computer/smart phone, but there I still find myself needing to go the bank at least once a week.

    I do, however, also use TD Bank for my personal accounts and they are a great bank. If I switch to another bank, which it looks like I'm going to, it'll be to them.

    One plus I really like about TD is the fact they are open on Sunday and keep later weekday hours than most banks do. It's nice being able to go the bank at 6pm on a Tuesday.

  • Real Estate Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2011 · 54 posts · 14 votes
    14y

    Since B of A announced their new $5.00 fee on debit cards, their site has been unavailable or unreliable. We are moving all 5 of our accounts out of there this week!

  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Christopher Keivit:
    Since B of A announced their new $5.00 fee on debit cards, their site has been unavailable or unreliable. We are moving all 5 of our accounts out of there this week!

    Yeah I heard of that. What a bone headed move to drive more people away from BoA.

    But than again who said big banks were smart :roll:

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Darryl Dahlen:
    For me, BoA provides a lot of what of what I'm looking for when it comes to business banking. Not to mention, they have several branches and a full service ATM all within a close distance.
    I certainly understand that some positives exist, my point is that there are so many negatives, and more importantly, it is the principle that they are crooked that should direct all current account holders to switch.

    If your maid service kept stealing from you, but the convenience that they could get there in 10 minutes notice was present, would you still keep using them? I sure would NOT. - Food for thought! :idea:

  • Real Estate Investor · Virginia, DC &, MD · Member since 2008 · 261 posts · 71 votes
    14y

    I put in a more than full price offer on a reo from b of a. I was scheduled to go to closing and a day before the title company calls me and tells me that the closing is delayed. Same thing happens the following week. I finally get the truth that b of a did not have legal ownership when they engaged in a contract with me. Nine months later I am still waiting. I still have the house under contract and they are still holding my emd of $ 20,000.

    Better question- who is a bigger pain in the a$$? B of a or Fannie Mae?

    .

  • Investor · Diamond Bar, CA · Member since 2009 · 446 posts · 233 votes
    14y

    I really think that each bank is bad as each other bank. At least that is true for the larger ones.

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    Nope...BOA is 3453454 times worse Jason. I deal with Wells Fargo, Chase, etc. all of the time and don't have 1% of the problems I have with BOA. Why anyone still banks there is beyond me.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.