B of A Sucks Official Thread

Most Popular Reply

Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
15y

When I think of customer no service, instantly B of A pops up. Some time ago B of A was my bank. For some time I had a good personal banker that got things done and followed through. They promoted him and everything went down hill from there.

Needless to say I pulled everything I had in BofA and went to another bank that was happy to work with me.

See this reply in the discussion

141 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y
  • Wholesaler · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2011 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    15y

    NOW THOSE WHO STILL HAVE BoA ACCOUNTS WILL HAVE TO PAY A $5 MONTHLY FEE TO ACCESS THEIR MONEY!!! WHAT'S NEXT???!!!

  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by uryss mitchell:
    NOW THOSE WHO STILL HAVE BoA ACCOUNTS WILL HAVE TO PAY A $5 MONTHLY FEE TO ACCESS THEIR MONEY!!! WHAT'S NEXT???!!!

    Oh let's see:

    Charging for each transaction you make regardless of what it is

    Charging you for each year you age

    Charging you for each pound of weight you gain or lose

    Charging you for each time you use their bathrooms

    Charging you for each time you talk to the teller

    Charging you for each axle you have on your car every time you drive up to the drive up teller

    Charging you for each button your press on their ATM machine

    Charging you for each time you call to talk to any rep

    Charging you to wait in their lobby

    So forth and so on.

  • Investor · Diamond Bar, CA · Member since 2009 · 446 posts · 233 votes
    15y

    all of this bofa hate.

    $5 fee is for a debit card because the Govt took away the fees they were charging to the merchants. Let me know when your local merchant reduces their prices as a result of this.

    Maybe you should be mad at the merchants too.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Jason S.:
    all of this bofa hate.

    $5 fee is for a debit card because the Govt took away the fees they were charging to the merchants. Let me know when your local merchant reduces their prices as a result of this.

    Maybe you should be mad at the merchants too.

    Jason, the banks should never have been charging merchants for debit card transactions in teh first place. It is your money and they are getting to use it to loan out to others at much higher rates than the 0%- .01% they pay you for your deposits. Charging merchnats for you pulling out your money to buy something is ridiculous.

    This issue aside, this is only a small piece of the real problem. Sure we don't agree with ethir new charges (and sure the merchants should now be able to lower their charges, but the fact remains that BofA is crooked in every sense of the word and nobody should continue to bank with them.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    15y

    OK, I've been dissing them because of their sorry web performance over the past week, but haven't personally experienced immoral behavior from BoA. Now, not only is my account available online again, but now I can view transaction detail and images of checks on my phone. This is new and valuable to me. Not quite ready to fire them...

  • Investor · Diamond Bar, CA · Member since 2009 · 446 posts · 233 votes
    15y

    Putting the $5 fee aside as Will mentioned.

    I do not specifically know what bad behavior on the part of BofA, the bad behavior over and above the other banks, you guys are referring to.

    To me I am boycotting Dell computers for Dell's part in One West - that was/is a scam through and through.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    15y

    Jason,

    I have provided several examples in this thread. One of which was their overdraft scam, another was their illegally reverting of a RE transaction after investors had already paid for acquisition, and rehabbed the home. Another example is when they took 9 months to record a reconveyance (they are legally obligated to do so in a timely manner and 9 months is nowhere near timely. And of course, right long with many other banks, but since they are the biggest, the 2008 sweatheart deal they got places them on top of my hate list.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Jon Klaus:
    OK, I've been dissing them because of their sorry web performance over the past week, but haven't personally experienced immoral behavior from BoA. Now, not only is my account available online again, but now I can view transaction detail and images of checks on my phone. This is new and valuable to me. Not quite ready to fire them...
    That is dissapointing to hear Jon, I would think that all the theft would be reason enough to take your business elsewhere. You can get that very same service with Chase and I am sure with some of teh other big banks other than BofA.
  • Investor · Diamond Bar, CA · Member since 2009 · 446 posts · 233 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Will Barnard:
    Jason,

    I have provided several examples in this thread. One of which was their overdraft scam, another was their illegally reverting of a RE transaction after investors had already paid for acquisition, and rehabbed the home. Another example is when they took 9 months to record a reconveyance (they are legally obligated to do so in a timely manner and 9 months is nowhere near timely. And of course, right long with many other banks, but since they are the biggest, the 2008 sweatheart deal they got places them on top of my hate list.

    Gotchya. This thread is so long I forgot about that overdraft scam mentioned. But of course that is the typical, or at least was the typical, way in which all banks handled overdraft fees. I worked at a bank (not B of A) for 10 years at one point in my life and that's how it worked. As for the issues on recordings etc, lets face it, every bank makes errors. BofA makes more because they do more business.

    I do not mean to be contrary here, its just that it seems like BofA is just as bad as the others. I have seen, long ago when I was in banking, so much crazy stuff that nothing I have read here amazes me at all. Stuff just happens. Any of you know that. Think about your businesses, how many things have "just happened" to you? If nothing has ever gone wrong then good for you, but most of us know that sometimes you build the model homes and have the tract ready for its grand opening and they burn down the night before. Arson? Yes. But still. Stuff happens.

    BofA is just as bad as most every bank, really I believe this, and it is hit or miss if you ever find someone that knows what they are doing.

  • Real Estate Investor · Bellingham, WA · Member since 2008 · 407 posts · 90 votes
    15y

    I spent 6 months negotiating with BofA on an REO and finally got the house for the price I wanted. Put a renter in it and 3 months later BofA put 3 houses in my area up at a list price below my purchase price. Now can't sell my house. Grrrr

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 282 votes
    15y

    Like Jon K. I like some of the online features BOFA offers, but now I'm finally looking at a small local bank and planning to switch my account there. BOFA seems incompetent and more importantly, more unstable financially as each day goes by. I have my safety deposit box there and unfortunately, if they can foreclose on the wrong house, I could easily see them drilling into the box and trashing it out by mistake.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    Here is a very funny video regarding B of A's new $5 debit card charges:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90eGrdPpv3g&feature=shareWhile this is comedy, it is not far from the truth!!!

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 282 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Will Barnard:
    Here is a very funny video regarding B of A's new $5 debit card charges:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90eGrdPpv3g&feature=shareWhile this is comedy, it is not far from the truth!!!

    LOL

  • Tacoma, WA · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Jeffrey K.:
    I did a deal with B of A a month or so ago. It was a SS. It got done in 5 weeks with no problems. I would buy from them again (and just made an offer on one today). Hope it goes like the last two.

    What branch was that? We're in week 12 of the never ending BofA short sale saga!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.