REI Nation Premier Property Management outside property transfer

REI Nation Premier Property Management outside property transfer

Rental Property Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 12 votes

I am not a super active poster here, but I am a grateful beneficiary of the wealth of knowledge and reviews on BiggerPockets as I have progressed in my real estate investment journey over the past few years. As a result, I wanted to "pay it forward" in a small way and provide a review of my recent experience to others who are in the same position I was in before I dived off the deep end with my real estate portfolio!

For this particular discussion, I am referring to my recent experience with onboarding an outside property to Premier Property Management Group (REI Nation's management company) for other investors that may be considering taking advantage of this relatively new program that they now offer. While I am a repeat investor buying properties directly from REI Nation, I had never purchased an outside property sourced elsewhere and moved the management to PPMG. However, in late May I found a property in one of the Alabama markets that was already rented, and the numbers were great! While there didn't appear to be any issues with the existing property manager, in my opinion Premier is the GOLD standard, so I expressed my intention to transfer management upon closing. This transaction was tricky because the existing resident's lease was up in July, and with the legacy property manager notified that I would be moving to Premier, they didn't exactly go out of their way to communicate with the resident and give them a heads up about the transaction. As a result, I was concerned I would have turnover on this property within the first month of purchase. However, Devartay and team were absolutely fantastic in jumping into the situation and communicating with the existing property manager as well as the resident to ensure that they were taken care of and informed of the pending sale. In addition, Devartay was great about responding to my pestering calls and emails during the process given my concerns, and he really instilled confidence that this would go smoothly. Surely enough, as a result of Davartay and team's efforts, they secured a renewal with the existing resident AND obtained a $40 per month rent increase! I couldn't be happier with the support that this team provided me. In addition, I now also have confidence that if I ever go the outside property route again, that I will have a smooth and effortless experience! I cannot thank Davartay and the entire team enough for what they do each and every day.

In summary, whether you are considering your first investment with REI Nation, or your first outside property transfer to Premier, take it from someone who has been down this path, you will NOT find a better partner to work with than this team. Every facet of the purchasing process is just easier and more efficient working with REI than doing it "on your own," and the property management is simply unrivaled. They truly are a customer service company that happens to be in the real estate industry.

4Reply
56 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    Matthew,

    Really appreciate your taking the time to leave this account of your dealing with our company.  We’ve been at this niche real estate investment called Turnkey for the better part of two decades, yet this post is the exact reason we still go to the office every day.  
    Your kind words for our team mean a lot to us.  We have a high standard and to read about your experience let’s us know they are reaching them.  We are not perfect but we sure strive to be.  If you ever need anything or if we ever fall short, please don’t hesitate to reach out. And if we hit expectations you’re always welcome to leave another one of these reviews!

    Best to you, chris

  • Architect · Memphis, TN · Member since 2020 · 259 posts · 144 votes
    5y

    Matthew, 

    Thanks for your kind words! I am so glad our team and I could help you transition your new purchased property – under management. As Chris mentioned, we are striving for excellence. We are focusing on the little things, that do not matter to most, making sure our clients can all have this exact experience. It brings us joy to know that we have the right systems, the right team, and the right processes in place to create such an experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of any assistance. I would like to reiterate our appreciation for such a review/ 

    Best of Luck! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.