Indianapolis Market Update

Indianapolis Market Update

Jake KnightPro Member
Property Manager · Indianapolis · Member since 2017 · 303 posts · 146 votes

The rental market in Central Indiana is officially on fire.

After a slow November/December, January began with a bang and continued into February.

We're leasing at an impressive rate right now, which is great news for both our Leasing Team and our Owners.

If your home is sitting and not getting activity, it's time to reconsider things... price being the most powerful lever to pull.

5Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Ryan LopezPro Member
Investor · San Bernardino, CA · Member since 2022 · 19 posts · 22 votes
2y

I am just casting a net here. I am an investor looking for a deal or two in the area. I am from California and I am looking to get into the local market. I'm considering Cincinnati, Columbus, Lexington, Louisville and Indianapolis. Looking for location advice and local connections.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ryan LopezPro Member
    Investor · San Bernardino, CA · Member since 2022 · 19 posts · 22 votes
    2y

    I am just casting a net here. I am an investor looking for a deal or two in the area. I am from California and I am looking to get into the local market. I'm considering Cincinnati, Columbus, Lexington, Louisville and Indianapolis. Looking for location advice and local connections.

  • Realtor · Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio · Member since 2022 · 849 posts · 830 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

    I am just casting a net here. I am an investor looking for a deal or two in the area. I am from California and I am looking to get into the local market. I'm considering Cincinnati, Columbus, Lexington, Louisville and Indianapolis. Looking for location advice and local connections.

     Hey @Ryan Lopez Columbus OH has boomed in recent years offering a strong real estate market! Whether you target A, B & C class neighborhoods for cash flow or explore up-and-coming areas for long-term appreciation, the city has something for every investor. I'd be happy to connect if you wish to know more.

  • Ryan LopezPro Member
    Investor · San Bernardino, CA · Member since 2022 · 19 posts · 22 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Simon Ashbaugh:
    Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

    I am just casting a net here. I am an investor looking for a deal or two in the area. I am from California and I am looking to get into the local market. I'm considering Cincinnati, Columbus, Lexington, Louisville and Indianapolis. Looking for location advice and local connections.

     Hey @Ryan Lopez Columbus OH has boomed in recent years offering a strong real estate market! Whether you target A, B & C class neighborhoods for cash flow or explore up-and-coming areas for long-term appreciation, the city has something for every investor. I'd be happy to connect if you wish to know more.


     That would be great Simon. I look forward to talking to you more about Columbus. 

  • Jake KnightPro Member
    OP
    Property Manager · Indianapolis · Member since 2017 · 303 posts · 146 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

    I am just casting a net here. I am an investor looking for a deal or two in the area. I am from California and I am looking to get into the local market. I'm considering Cincinnati, Columbus, Lexington, Louisville and Indianapolis. Looking for location advice and local connections.


     Hey Ryan,

    Thanks for your response.  There are a lot of areas to invest and it will really just depend on what your investment goals are or your buy box. If you're looking for cash flow, Anderson is a good market for that.  If you're looking local to Indy, you may check out Bean Creek area, Garfield Park, Christian Park, Riverside to name a few.

  • Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    Hey @Jake Knight, I just posted on the Indy forum here but then also read this post after. Would love to connect as I keep tabs on the Indy market!

    I'm invested in the University Heights area, and from looking at the market, I don't see a whole lot of activity happening in the area in 2024. Zillow shows only a 1 sale this year in the neighborhood, and not a lot of homes for sale in the general area. Curious if you have thoughts on why that is? Any outlook on the future of that area?

  • Fontana, CA · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 8 votes
    2y

    I am looking to buy new homes around 250K as rentals.  What are some areas to purchase in that have good school districts and will invite long term tenants.  I do not want property in an area that has a yearly turn over.  Ideally I would like to see 3 years or more....

  • Fontana, CA · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 8 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jake Knight:
    Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

    I am just casting a net here. I am an investor looking for a deal or two in the area. I am from California and I am looking to get into the local market. I'm considering Cincinnati, Columbus, Lexington, Louisville and Indianapolis. Looking for location advice and local connections.


     Hey Ryan,

    Thanks for your response.  There are a lot of areas to invest and it will really just depend on what your investment goals are or your buy box. If you're looking for cash flow, Anderson is a good market for that.  If you're looking local to Indy, you may check out Bean Creek area, Garfield Park, Christian Park, Riverside to name a few.


     I will look into these areas. Looking for good cash flow and long term tenants.

  • Jake KnightPro Member
    OP
    Property Manager · Indianapolis · Member since 2017 · 303 posts · 146 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Denise M. Tschida:
    Quote from @Jake Knight:
    Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

    I am just casting a net here. I am an investor looking for a deal or two in the area. I am from California and I am looking to get into the local market. I'm considering Cincinnati, Columbus, Lexington, Louisville and Indianapolis. Looking for location advice and local connections.


     Hey Ryan,

    Thanks for your response.  There are a lot of areas to invest and it will really just depend on what your investment goals are or your buy box. If you're looking for cash flow, Anderson is a good market for that.  If you're looking local to Indy, you may check out Bean Creek area, Garfield Park, Christian Park, Riverside to name a few.


     I will look into these areas. Looking for good cash flow and long term tenants.


     Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have questions or if you want an opinion on an area or property.  Happy hunting!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.