Where in the country should you invest?

Where in the country should you invest?

Greg ScottPro Member
Rental Property Investor · SE Michigan · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 6k+ votes
Real estate has always been location, location, location.  

I've often heard BP use the terms "Cash Flow markets" and "Appreciation markets", and they are generally referring to low-priced markets as "Cash Flow" and high-priced markets as "Appreciation".  But is that really true?  That seems a gross oversimplification that can result in bad returns.

I've personally invested in some low cost markets that gave me great cash flow and above average appreciation.  I'm certain there are markets out ther that the do not cashflow that have lower-than-average appreciation.  The real key to better ROI is buying in markets that are growing.  If an expensive market is experiencing growth, you will see prices surge.  If you are in an inexpensive area that is growing, you can often get both  cash flow AND great appreciation.

With that in mind, I thought it worth sharing this fresh US Census data.  Here are some great places to invest, and some places where you may want to avoid.  If you want to read more, here is the link:



2Reply
20 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 362 posts · 109 votes
    2y

    Florida! :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.