How is the Yorktown Muncie Indiana for LTR?

How is the Yorktown Muncie Indiana for LTR?

Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 2 votes

Anyone familiar with the West Muncie + Yorktown area? I'm looking at a potential long term rental there. From a cursory view it looks a decent area with a good rent to price ratio. Though I'm not sure how much activity there is out there, and if it'd be easy to find renters.

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Jake KnightPro Member
Property Manager · Indianapolis · Member since 2017 · 303 posts · 146 votes
2y

I actually have friends that live in Yorktown!  It's very attractive to residents in the area because of the school district.  They revitalized the downtown area and it's overall regarded as a nice area to live.  If you have a kid in school, it's a great option.  This should mean that it has great long term potential and it's growing.  I'd love to pick up more properties in the area.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaron WallingPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y

    @Daniel Wong I lived in Muncie for 5 years during school and drove through all the time. It's a nice town with moderately sized single family homes. Mostly blue-collar working class with not much going on. 

    The downtown area has actually improved since my college days. The Mouse Trap is the fun place to grab drinks. People commute for work to Muncie, Anderson, and Indianapolis. The Morrow's Meadow Park and Carl Scott Disc Golf Course is pretty fun. Other than that it's a boring extension of Muncie (small college town). 

  • Tyler LingleBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2021 · 440 posts · 292 votes
    2y

    Definitely a cash flow versus appreciation play. Modest development as @Jaron Walling mentioned. Mostly outshined by greater Indy. 

  • Jake KnightPro Member
    Property Manager · Indianapolis · Member since 2017 · 303 posts · 146 votes
    2y

    I actually have friends that live in Yorktown!  It's very attractive to residents in the area because of the school district.  They revitalized the downtown area and it's overall regarded as a nice area to live.  If you have a kid in school, it's a great option.  This should mean that it has great long term potential and it's growing.  I'd love to pick up more properties in the area.

  • Rental Property Investor · Indiana...mostly · Member since 2019 · 468 posts · 245 votes
    2y

    In general, Yorktown is regarded as one of the best areas of the Muncie area.

  • Lender · Bloomington, IN · Member since 2023 · 77 posts · 29 votes
    2y

    Hi Daniel,

    I am happy to connect you with a couple agents I work with in that market. They can provide you with some great insight about investing in that market.

    Staci

  • Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2023 · 88 posts · 52 votes
    2y

    I've spent some time in Muncie and Yorktown, previous relationship family lived there. Her father owned a few properties in the Yorktown area and was cash-flowing very well. Mind you, this was 2019-2021 so definitely a different environment for investing but the area is wonderful. Very happy people and not ridiculously priced homes from what I've seen lately. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.