Malibu Groves West Orlando Investment

Malibu Groves West Orlando Investment

Investor · Clermont, FL · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hi everyone! I'm a new investor who's recently purchased a property in the Malibu Groves area, close to some impressive mansions. Despite its awful reputation, I see great potential due to its proximity to key attractions.

I'm reaching out to ask: Are there any plans to revitalize this neighborhood? What are the prospects for value increases in this area? If anyone has insights into upcoming developments or timelines your input would be invaluable to me.

Thank you in advance for your guidance and sharing any information you might have!

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Shawn McCormickPro Member
Realtor · Central Florida-Orlando · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 892 votes
2y

Hi @Ndu Nwachuku not sure where you got your information from, but I can say pretty confidently that area will not be getting any improvements and values will not improve commensurate with the rest of the Orlando MSA. 

Proximitity to key attractions? You mean the 33rd street prison? The fairgrounds? or the ghetto areas like Parramore? If you are thinking short term rental because Universal studios is fairly close, you can't STR in Orange County, so that is out too.

I wish you the best and maybe there is something that I'm unaware about, but nothing I know of. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Shawn McCormickPro Member
    Realtor · Central Florida-Orlando · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 892 votes
    2y

    Hi @Ndu Nwachuku not sure where you got your information from, but I can say pretty confidently that area will not be getting any improvements and values will not improve commensurate with the rest of the Orlando MSA. 

    Proximitity to key attractions? You mean the 33rd street prison? The fairgrounds? or the ghetto areas like Parramore? If you are thinking short term rental because Universal studios is fairly close, you can't STR in Orange County, so that is out too.

    I wish you the best and maybe there is something that I'm unaware about, but nothing I know of. 

  • Investor · Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 362 posts · 109 votes
    2y

    Hi Ndu, Research any ongoing or proposed revitalization projects in the area, such as infrastructure improvements, new developments, or community initiatives. These efforts could positively impact property values over time.

  • Real Estate Broker · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2023 · 79 posts · 57 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Shawn McCormick:

    Hi @Ndu Nwachuku not sure where you got your information from, but I can say pretty confidently that area will not be getting any improvements and values will not improve commensurate with the rest of the Orlando MSA. 

    Proximitity to key attractions? You mean the 33rd street prison? The fairgrounds? or the ghetto areas like Parramore? If you are thinking short term rental because Universal studios is fairly close, you can't STR in Orange County, so that is out too.

    I wish you the best and maybe there is something that I'm unaware about, but nothing I know of. 

    I love this honest response! I lived in Orlando years ago and not having local knowledge of neighborhoods can be tricky. Do you have any insight on the Paradiso Grande community being built?
  • Shawn McCormickPro Member
    Realtor · Central Florida-Orlando · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 892 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Alyson Gordon:
    Quote from @Shawn McCormick:

    Hi @Ndu Nwachuku not sure where you got your information from, but I can say pretty confidently that area will not be getting any improvements and values will not improve commensurate with the rest of the Orlando MSA. 

    Proximitity to key attractions? You mean the 33rd street prison? The fairgrounds? or the ghetto areas like Parramore? If you are thinking short term rental because Universal studios is fairly close, you can't STR in Orange County, so that is out too.

    I wish you the best and maybe there is something that I'm unaware about, but nothing I know of. 

    I love this honest response! I lived in Orlando years ago and not having local knowledge of neighborhoods can be tricky. Do you have any insight on the Paradiso Grande community being built?

     Hi @Alyson Gordon I don't know much about Paradiso, but it's in Orange County, which doesn't allow Short term rentals, so not sure of ownership type. If you are looking for STR communities, there are many that I could recommend near Disney. They are mostly in Osceoloa county, some in Polk and Lake.

    Let me know if I can answer anything else. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.