Investor · Santa Rosa · Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 3 votes
My wife and I are planning a move to Marin County in 2026, and we’re actively prepping to buy a small multifamily to househack - ideally 2–4 units, with the goal of buying another property in 1-1.5 years and cash flowing after we move out from the first one.
We’re targeting:
- Timeline: early 2026
- $500-800k, possibly stretching higher if the deal makes sense
- 5% down conventional
- Class B to C+ neighborhoods in Marin, Sonoma, or nearby East Bay
- Ideally some value-add upside
The plan is to build some equity and appreciation, repeat, and branch into out-of-state investing. For now, I’d love to connect with:
- Others househacking in tight NorCal markets
- Anyone who’s worked with investor-friendly agents, lenders, or contractors in the area
What’s your experience been like investing locally? Any lessons learned, surprises, or wins you’d be willing to share?
Happy to swap notes or help however I can -- my background’s in performance marketing and systems building, so always down to talk growth strategy, lead gen, or funnels.