Favorite Smart Lock for a Mid Term Rental?

Favorite Smart Lock for a Mid Term Rental?

Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 231 posts · 256 votes

Hey Everyone!  I've been running str's and mtr's for about 5 years now and have been using Schlage Encode smart locks.  

When they work, I LOVE them.  But when they get disconnected to wifi (more often than I'd like) or just completely die and stop working, I get frustrated lol.

Curious if anyone has any other Smart Lock they recommend - I currently have 2 replace 2 smart locks and open to trying one out! 

0Reply
110 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Atlanta GA · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 20 votes
9mo

I use EUFY, it was recommended to me by my GC who uses them for his MTR's.

I have them for about 3 months, no complaints. No WIFI disconnections or anything 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Atlanta GA · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 20 votes
    9mo

    I use EUFY, it was recommended to me by my GC who uses them for his MTR's.

    I have them for about 3 months, no complaints. No WIFI disconnections or anything 

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 231 posts · 256 votes
    9mo

    Thnks Yael!

  • Kenneth GarrettPro Member
    Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9mo

    I use Schlage encode. Been using it on two properties for about 5 years. It works pretty good. For me the WiFi connection is pretty stable most of the time.

  • Brooke RoundyPro Member
    Investor · Member since 2021 · 45 posts · 41 votes
    9mo

    I also use Schlage Encode for several years and I've not had issues. The wifi was disrupted once due to a power outage, and it took a bit for the lock to come back online. For that reason I've contemplated a lockbox backup solution that will work for me as a remote MTR owner. I have a local contact, but I want something more immediate. 

  • Member since 2021 · 29 posts · 24 votes
    9mo

    I use SimpliSafe. I'm not thrilled. The calibration has failed and it's a pain to reset.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.