Corporate Guests vs Travel Nurses

Corporate Guests vs Travel Nurses

Real Estate Coach · United States · Member since 2025 · 78 posts · 50 votes

Both are great, but very different.

Corporate guests:

• Longer stays

• More paperwork

• Reliable payments

Travel nurses:

• Faster bookings

• Shorter stays

• High demand near hospitals

I like having both in the mix.

Which tenant type has worked better for you?

1Reply
131 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bloomfield CT · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 408 votes
    9mo

    Identifying tenants from each demographic requires different approaches. The answer is really dependent on which you have been more successful in attracting 

  • Calvin GittensPro Member
    Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    9mo

    When I got into the MTR market about 2 months ago, I expected my target demographic to be traveling nurses, but I haven't gotten any leads from them in the two months we've been operating. How do you target the traveling nurse market?

  • General Contractor · Palm Desert, CA · Member since 2016 · 197 posts · 79 votes
    9mo

    I signed up with Furnished Finders a little over two years ago. I too was targeting traveling nurses but have never had even one booking with them

  • Kenneth GarrettPro Member
    Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9mo

    I think it depends on your market and your property.

    Most nurses are looking for 1 and 2 bedroom units.

    I have a three bedroom house. Not very popular among nurses in my area. I’ve been approached for corporate housing, but have not pulled the trigger on them.

    I’ve been very successful with military temporary stays. I am within 15 minutes of two large Air Force bases. These stays have been 5-6 months at a time. The rate varies depending on the months of the year. I can tell you this, I covered all of my expenses for the year on a 5 month stay the rest was profit. That’s a nice return. Even at a 60 day vacancy the profit is a very good return.

    The key here is to look at your particular demographic base and go after that tenant.

  • Calvin GittensPro Member
    Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    9mo

    Thanks for your insight. So far, it seems like the demographics of my prior guests over the last 2 months have been families visiting the Kennedy Space Center, as my 2 br condo unit is 15-20 minutes away from the same (I'm not sure if that's just a function of those bookings being during the holiday season), but those have generally been short term stays between 2-7 days. My unit is about 10 minutes from a local hospital and 10-15 minutes from the beach, so maybe the summer season will look good. I've had a few inquiries from folks in the Space industry here on temporary assignment, but none of them have panned out so far. With your target demographic being military members, how do you "go after" them?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.