What MTR Guests Rarely Complain About

What MTR Guests Rarely Complain About

Real Estate Coach · United States · Member since 2025 · 78 posts · 49 votes

Interestingly, midterm guests rarely complain about decor.

They do complain about:

• WiFi issues

• uncomfortable beds

• unclear expectations

What do your MTR guests complain about most (if anything)?

3Reply
68 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · NYC · Member since 2024 · 52 posts · 17 votes
    9mo

    They complain about the neighbors.
    It's funny cause they have less of a reason to get to know the neighbors than a long term tenant but more time to develop friction than a short term guest. I run some STRs and am able to avoid that bit of friction. Curious though - what got you into MTRs?

    • Real Estate Coach · United States · Member since 2025 · 78 posts · 49 votes
      9mo
      Quote from @Lucas De Carvalho:

      They complain about the neighbors.
      It's funny cause they have less of a reason to get to know the neighbors than a long term tenant but more time to develop friction than a short term guest. I run some STRs and am able to avoid that bit of friction. Curious though - what got you into MTRs?

      Totally—neighbors can be tricky in midterms since guests aren’t there long-term but have enough time for friction. I got into MTRs because they offer more consistent cash flow than STRs, with less turnover hassle.


  • Kenneth GarrettPro Member
    Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9mo

    @Nick Copland

    We don’t receive many complaints. Generally if we don’t will be mai tenancy related in which we try to correct immediately if we can. When I bought it, I rehabbed it to avoid maintenance issues, but those sometimes are unavoidable.

    In my opinion, make sure the pictures and description reflects your property. No one guest or tenants wants to be surprised. Being more transparent is always preferred.

    Lastly, outdo your competition. I provide full kitchen pots, pans, utensils, etc. Always get compliments on the kitchen supplies.

    • Real Estate Coach · United States · Member since 2025 · 78 posts · 49 votes
      9mo
      Quote from @Kenneth Garrett:

      @Nick Copland

      We don’t receive many complaints. Generally if we don’t will be mai tenancy related in which we try to correct immediately if we can. When I bought it, I rehabbed it to avoid maintenance issues, but those sometimes are unavoidable.

      In my opinion, make sure the pictures and description reflects your property. No one guest or tenants wants to be surprised. Being more transparent is always preferred.

      Lastly, outdo your competition. I provide full kitchen pots, pans, utensils, etc. Always get compliments on the kitchen supplies.

      Totally agree! Transparency is key—accurate photos and descriptions save a lot of headaches. Rehabbing upfront and going the extra mile with things like a fully stocked kitchen really makes a difference for guest satisfaction.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.