Good RE Attorneys near Asheville NC?

Good RE Attorneys near Asheville NC?

Investor · Maggie Valley, NC · Member since 2020 · 284 posts · 85 votes

I am currently looking for a RE attorney in the Asheville (NC) area -- does anyone have referrals? Thanks!

0Reply
56 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2015 · 187 posts · 112 votes
2y

Blake Long is excellent for closings and general light legal work (evictions and minor land use/border issues.) Mitch is right- they're highly specialized, so you may need someone else for heavier work or high conflict.  

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2020 · 463 posts · 507 votes
    2y

    For a closing? For guidance? Or for litigation? They tend to do one or the other.

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2015 · 187 posts · 112 votes
    2y

    Blake Long is excellent for closings and general light legal work (evictions and minor land use/border issues.) Mitch is right- they're highly specialized, so you may need someone else for heavier work or high conflict.  

  • Investor · Maggie Valley, NC · Member since 2020 · 284 posts · 85 votes
    2y

    @Mitch Davidson I should have clarified. Right now, I am looking for someone to aid in the partial release for a parcel from my mortgage which I had subdivided, so that I have the option to build there some time in the future. If that same attorney does and likes to do closings and draft contracts for home purchases that would be great. 

  • Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2020 · 463 posts · 507 votes
    2y

    @Kyler J Sloan No need for an attorney to help with the partial release. Just reach out to the servicing group for your mortgage and they can help you. If that's the property that has a Movement mortgage on it, I can message you the email address for the servicing group. 

    We have several great options for closings here in Asheville. Some of them aren't too comfortable helping with drafting contracts for FSBO transactions though. If you want a firm that'll do closings and help with contracts I would recommend GRCC (Goosmann, Rose, Colvard & Cramer).

  • Investor · Maggie Valley, NC · Member since 2020 · 284 posts · 85 votes
    2y

    @Mitch Davidson Thanks. I have been in touch with them and they say they want third party authorization for an attorney to proceed. Also since the funds from a construction loan would be used to pay off the amount the parcel appraises for, the attorney would be needed to structure that, or so they told me. 

  • Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2020 · 463 posts · 507 votes
    2y

    @Kyler J Sloan. Gotcha. I'd start with GRCC. John Rose or Beth Cramer.

  • Investor · Maggie Valley, NC · Member since 2020 · 284 posts · 85 votes
    2y

    @Mitch Davidson Thank you. Ill call them today. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.