Washington, D.C. · Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 0 votes
I'm creating a piece of technology that pulls together all the land records in a county, puts them on my computer, and allows me to do data analysis on them.
These records have show up in the register of deeds with titles like: W/DEED, PARTITION DEED, DECLERATION OF CEMETARY, MORTGAGE, REL OF JUDGEMENT, ETC.
I am trying to create a set of 'buckets' to classify these by meaning. For example be putting W/DEED in a 'title transfer' bucket, MORTGAGE in a 'loan' bucket, REL OF JUDGEMENT in an 'involuntary lien' bucket. The buckets let me ask questions like 'how many loans were originated in the state last month'. Without buckets indicating meaning, this is impossible.
I have already tried to draw inspiration from PRIA or title commitments, but these break down for one reason or another.
Do title experts know of a system designed to classify recordings by meaning that can handle any recordings?