Using the Wholesale Calculator

Using the Wholesale Calculator

Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hey everybody! Newbie just starting the rookie bootcamp. Wanted to play around and practice with the calculators, and I watched the tutorial video on using the Wholesale Calculator. Question is, how do I have any idea what the repair costs are under different parts of the calculator with only a few photos of the property to go off of? How am I supposed to estimate this?

0Reply
37 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Hamp Lee IIIPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 832 votes
    3y

    You can contact a contractor for the specific areas in question, read J Scott’s book on estimating repair costs, or speaking with other experienced investors and wholesalers in your local market.

    I wish you all the best.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Richard Scott:

    Hey everybody! Newbie just starting the rookie bootcamp. Wanted to play around and practice with the calculators, and I watched the tutorial video on using the Wholesale Calculator. Question is, how do I have any idea what the repair costs are under different parts of the calculator with only a few photos of the property to go off of? How am I supposed to estimate this?

    THOW IT AWAY, why would you need a " wholesaler calculator" never heard of such a thing? So many new " tools". BTW its called flipping a contract, some guru called it wholesaling now everyone is a wholesaler. 

     You will not know the repair costs from photos or reading any books.  You need to walk it with your GC, until you learn what it will cost.  

    PP, PLUS repairs. If it makes sense, put it under contract. KEEP IT SIMPLE

    Get to a local meeting, do not even think about making offers, ,,,,YET. learn 1st, 

    All the best

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.