I am a beginner wholesaler who is in need of guidance. I find my leads of market by analyzing distressed local properties. I also need help finding investors to purchase my assignment contracts.
Meriden, CT · Member since 2018 · 699 posts · 500 votes
9mo
Hey @Jack Roy. Welcome to BiggerPockets! I'm a local flipper, investor, private money lender, and property management company owner. I'd love to connect and see if I can help you. If interested, DM me.
Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 1k+ posts · 373 votes
7mo
Hartford's got solid opportunities if you know where to look. One thing that changed everything for me: after you find those distressed properties, create a simple scoring system - foundation issues vs cosmetic vs vacancy time. Helps you prioritize which ones to chase first instead of spreading yourself thin. Are you tracking any metrics on your lead quality yet?
Hartford's got solid opportunities if you know where to look. One thing that changed everything for me: after you find those distressed properties, create a simple scoring system - foundation issues vs cosmetic vs vacancy time. Helps you prioritize which ones to chase first instead of spreading yourself thin. Are you tracking any metrics on your lead quality yet?
Wholesaler · Charleston WV · Member since 2026 · 234 posts · 126 votes
6mo
You are actually starting in a good place by looking for distressed properties locally. That is one of the best ways to find opportunities.
The next step is focusing on two things. Conversations with property owners and building relationships with buyers.
When you identify distressed properties, try reaching out to the owners and simply start conversations. Your goal is to see if they have any interest in selling and understand their situation. Many deals come from follow ups after the first conversation.
For buyers, start looking at who is already purchasing properties in your area. Check recent cash sales from the last 6 to 12 months and see which investors are buying multiple houses. Those are the people actively closing deals. You can reach out and introduce yourself and ask what their buying criteria looks like.
If you bring a deal that makes sense, buyers usually show up quickly. Focus on learning how to identify good opportunities and the rest becomes much easier.