Broward County Tax Deed Auction #113 (Oct 26) — bidder partnership model?
Hey everyone,
I've been researching Broward County's upcoming Tax Deed Auction #113 on October 26, 2026 — they have 16 properties going to auction with some significant spreads (I'm seeing $796K+ on a few condo parcels after rehab estimates).
Here's my situation: I've done the deal analysis and underwriting, but I don't have cash to bid at auction. Broward requires a 5% deposit on auction day and full payment within 24 hours.
I've been looking at a "bidder partnership" model where I provide the deal research and analysis to a cash buyer, and we negotiate an assignment fee per deal. The cash partner does the bidding, I do the homework.
A few questions for anyone who's done tax deeds in South Florida:
1. Has anyone structured a bidder partnership like this? How did you handle the fee agreement — before or after the auction?
2. For the Broward auctions specifically — is the 5% deposit really non-refundable even if you win? What happens if the clerk's sale falls through?
3. How are people financing the rehab on tax deed properties? Traditional hard money seems tough since you don't have title insurance for the first 6 months.
4. Any gotchas with the Broward Clerk of Court auction process? Online bidding only or in-person?
I've put together detailed spreadsheets on each property (opening bids, ARV estimates, rehab costs, lien exposure) and happy to share the analysis with anyone bidding — just want to connect with serious cash buyers who understand the tax deed risk profile.
Thanks in advance for any insights!