Wholesaling Paperwork, Should I Have an Attorney Draft for Me?

Wholesaling Paperwork, Should I Have an Attorney Draft for Me?

Seattle, WA · Member since 2012 · 34 posts · 23 votes

Hello Everyone! 

Would it be safer to have an attorney draft the paperwork every time I put a property under contract (who is a better witness than your attorney?). Or should I have a basic purchase and sale agreement drafted by an attorney that I can use on my own, which complies with the laws in my state, with an out clause or two.  

Besides a standard inspection period I am curious if there are any other/new out clauses that you would recommend?  I recall someone mentioning to me awhile back that it is possible to make the contract contingent on me having a specific amount of time to acquire a financial partner (aka end buyer)?  Anyone using that?  I like to keep everything transparent.  My intention always is to complete my due diligence before putting anything under contract so that I won't have to make use of any "out" clauses, but I also want to protect myself.  Your advice is greatly appreciated!

0Reply
3 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.