HOME AND FLOOD INSURANCE

HOME AND FLOOD INSURANCE

Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 5 votes

Hello fellow BPers. I'm looking to purchase a STR on the Galveston island. Can anyone recommend a good insurance company for coverage.

thank you!

0Reply
31 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Insurance Agent · Norwalk, CT · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Luyen,

    I wanted to give a recommendation not for a company but rather to makes sure you use an agent who can quote the many Private Market Flood Insurance companies.  I have found that the pricing for the Private Markets to be less than the National Flood Insurance Program in most cases.  They rate based on their own algorithms and the rates vary widely.   

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 763 posts · 500 votes
    4y

    We use Bart Price with Gulf Coast Solutions for Our wind/flood and Proper Insurance for our Landlord insurance. Feel free to reach out if you have questions! I know a lot of people on the island also use Neptune Insurance for flood

  • Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    4y
    Quote from @John Mocker:

    Luyen,

    I wanted to give a recommendation not for a company but rather to makes sure you use an agent who can quote the many Private Market Flood Insurance companies.  I have found that the pricing for the Private Markets to be less than the National Flood Insurance Program in most cases.  They rate based on their own algorithms and the rates vary widely.   


     Thanks John, I'll keep that in mind. 

  • Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Karl McGarvey:

    We use Bart Price with Gulf Coast Solutions for Our wind/flood and Proper Insurance for our Landlord insurance. Feel free to reach out if you have questions! I know a lot of people on the island also use Neptune Insurance for flood


     Thanks, I'll give Bart Price a call. I got a quick quote from Neptune online and came back with 13k/yr for flood. That's outrageous...is that normal in the Galveston islands?

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 763 posts · 500 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Luyen Nguyen:
    Quote from @Karl McGarvey:

    We use Bart Price with Gulf Coast Solutions for Our wind/flood and Proper Insurance for our Landlord insurance. Feel free to reach out if you have questions! I know a lot of people on the island also use Neptune Insurance for flood


     Thanks, I'll give Bart Price a call. I got a quick quote from Neptune online and came back with 13k/yr for flood. That's outrageous...is that normal in the Galveston islands?

    Rates did take a big jump last winter. If your elevation is low, then yes, flood insurance is going to sting a bit

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.