Investment Property Insurance Companies

Investment Property Insurance Companies

Rental Property Investor · Fresno, CA · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 11 votes

Hello everyone!

Buying a SFH investment in Tennessee.

What is one of the better investment property insurance for out of state investing?

I researched lists like the one below but just want investor input for all us rookies out there.

Best Overall: State Farm

Best Claims Process: Liberty Mutual

Best Value: GEICO

Best Brokerage Option: Trusted Choice

0Reply
29 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2022 · 15 posts · 11 votes
    4y

    Hey @Samuel Medina,

    I used Hippo Insurance for my most recent single family investment property in Houston because they gave me the best quote of the 5 different quotes I received. I can't vouch for anything other than the price as of right now because I am still a new customer with them and have not gone through the process of making a claim (knock on wood). I imagine that their customer service is not going to be as good as some of the other insurance companies like the big name ones that you mentioned, but compared to all of the other prices I saw for insuring a rental property, they were by far the best.

    I would recommend using an insurance broker also, so they can shop around for you to help you get the best deal.

  • Rental Property Investor · Fresno, CA · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 11 votes
    4y

    Thanks for your input!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.