I am under contract for my first fourplex. I will be living in one unit and renting the other three. I am upgrading the roof. All but three of the windows are impact. I will fix those windows and upgrade them to impact once I take ownership. I am going to redo the roof and renovate the entire property after I take ownership.
I received a quote of $19,000 for insurance. He said considering that I will have a new roof and impact windows once I take ownership they could drop it $15,000. This would be a deal killer. I was wondering if anyone has advice in finding a reasonable insurance quote for multifamily properties in Miami Dade county.
Insurance Agent · DFW, TX · Member since 2021 · 348 posts · 245 votes
4y
Hire an insurance broker, I have to be honest though. I have little to no answers when it comes to Underwriting insurance in Florida. I just know that hiring someone in the area that works with multiple companies is your best chance at cash flow.