Investor Insurance for Property in Brevard County FL

Investor Insurance for Property in Brevard County FL

Investor · Thousand Oaks, CA · Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 28 votes

I just had to foreclose on a property that I held the real estate note on. Now I'm the proud owner of a 1991 manufactured home in Cocoa, FL. I'm having the worst time finding someone to insure it. My plan is to evict the people (unknown who) who currently live there and then get it on the market to sell. Does anyone know who does insurance for this type of investment there? For landlord insurance I'm being told it must be occupied within 30 days. What do you do if you are just planning to sell, but need it covered for the time that takes? 

1Reply
17 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Merritt Island, FL · Member since 2017 · 986 posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Lauren Johnson:

    I just had to foreclose on a property that I held the real estate note on. Now I'm the proud owner of a 1991 manufactured home in Cocoa, FL. I'm having the worst time finding someone to insure it. My plan is to evict the people (unknown who) who currently live there and then get it on the market to sell. Does anyone know who does insurance for this type of investment there? For landlord insurance I'm being told it must be occupied within 30 days. What do you do if you are just planning to sell, but need it covered for the time that takes? 


    Hi Lauren,

    The insurance company I have used in Florida for a number of projects in the past should be able to help you. If that doesn't work, I may have another contact. Ps - I'm right across the river from Cocoa. 

    Tchaka

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.