So, unfortunately I had a house fire in April of 2025. Now, my insurance says they won't pick me up for 2026. Large claim and no other companies so far are will to take me on their insurance. The state ran insurance does not meet my property value so that won't work for the mortgage company. Ideas on this?
Hi, I'm an insurance agent. I would reach out to a brokerage that has more options than just the big ones that you're familiar with and see if any excess and surplus insurance companies will take you. They have a bigger appetite for risk than most other companies- however I saw your note about it not being repaired until after your insurance drops you. A gap in coverage will be another difficult thing to overcome for insurance and you can't get insurance while having an open claim with your current insurance company. Not great news but its good to know ahead of time as you deal with this issue.
Insurance Agent · Member since 2020 · 177 posts · 76 votes
8mo
Josh, being in the Indy area I know there would be some options available. Without any knowledge to the exact claim and situation at worse there should be a surplus lines option available.