Investor · Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2012 · 627 posts · 204 votes
I like the new Bigger Pockets forum organization and format - good job!
A big problem is that most of the major insurance companies do not want to write a policy if you do not live in the same state (or quote a super-high rate). We now have 15 houses in seven states, with a total value of $1,800,000, and total annual insurance costs of $8,868.
Making money takes work, and it took a lot of work to find policies for two houses we bought in November, one for $43,000 and the other for $24,900. Now I'm looking at some even less expensive houses and doubt that any of the normal companies would want to insure them. Any current ideas, especially for out of state owners? Thanks.
Residential Real Estate Broker · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 567 votes
11y
We use shelter insurance for our property. I have referred a lot of my out of state client to them no problem getting them insured. Sometimes then want a hand rail but thats a simple fix.