Real Estate Investor · columbia, SC · Member since 2008 · 4 posts · 0 votes
A pipe under the duplex burst and filled crawlspace with water. Pumped it out with pump. Now floors have started buckling because of excessive moisture when site was wet. Will insurance policy consider this a covered expense?
Roanoke, VA · Member since 2014 · 404 posts · 203 votes
10y
I'm not sure about the insurance issue, but I would immediately rent dehumidifiers to put in the first floor and crawlspace. Pull that moisture out and you may be surprised how quickly the floors settle back down to their original state.
Roanoke, VA · Member since 2014 · 404 posts · 203 votes
10y
I'm not sure about the insurance issue, but I would immediately rent dehumidifiers to put in the first floor and crawlspace. Pull that moisture out and you may be surprised how quickly the floors settle back down to their original state.
Flipper/Rehabber · Tyler, TX · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 10 votes
10y
To add to what Jason stated, even with a Broad or Special coverage policy, unless there is PHYSICAL water damage to the floors (not b/c of high humidity) there still might not be any coverage.