Need insurance referrals for home reno project in Pittsburgh

Need insurance referrals for home reno project in Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote

My husband and I recently purchased a fixer-upper and have been having trouble finding an insurance company to work with us since we are not yet living on the property. We expect to finish the work within the next 9-12 months. We are motivated to get this project done because we are the ones that are going to live there and we want to get out of our current unit so we can rent it.

I would love referrals to insurance companies who work with large projects such as this one. 

Thanks! 

Kate

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Insurance Agent · Beaver Falls, PA · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 84 votes
10y

Hi Kate, I am a local agent and would be happy to assist.  Feel free to contact me.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 885 posts · 359 votes
    10y

    @Kate Stoltzfus

    SWBC does a lot of renovation and rental insuring.  Message me, I'm happy to pass along contact information.

  • Insurance Agent · Beaver Falls, PA · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 84 votes
    10y

    Hi Kate, I am a local agent and would be happy to assist.  Feel free to contact me.

  • PA · Member since 2010 · 339 posts · 168 votes
    10y
    Hi Kate. I suggest connecting with an insurance broker. I shopped around and was astounded how rates and coverages are all over the place. I found a broker who is far better in price, coverage and service than any others. They negotiate my policies every year. This is a big deal. Some insurance agents and brokers have been ridiculous! Find someone good. I live in Hershey and invest in Pittsburgh. My broker is in the Hershey area. I recommend finding a local broker. I have heard good things about a guy named Dan Lloyd in Munhall. I met him one time and he's a really nice guy who is involved in the community. I recommend that you contact him. Bigger pocket people may have additional recommendations. Here is a weird thing that I learned: when you are screening insurance brokers, you cannot get quotes from several and pick the best. My understanding is that when a broker reaches out to an insurance company, other brokers are locked out from getting quotes from the same company. Again, the bigger pockets community may be able to help you with a strategy that works. I found my broker through the referral of a good friend. Good luck!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.