San Jose, CA · Member since 2017 · 30 posts · 10 votes
Hi BPers,
I am looking for an insurance broker that can give me a bundled quote including both California (where I live) and Georgia (where I am considering investing). Bonus points for a broker also licensed in Nevada. I'm assuming the bundle would include auto insurance, landlord, umbrella, etc. I have shopped around locally (based on Yelp reviews) and all of the popular local insurance brokers are apparently only licensed to sell California insurance.
Alternatively, maybe I should go straight to a company like State Farm or AllState and ask them to direct me to a bonded agent who can quote me for multi-state. Any recommendations on a good (and competitively priced) direct insurer?
Thanks in advance for any advice, or referrals to good insurance brokers or good bonded multi-state agents.
Insurance Agent · Nationwide · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
@Mike Percy The bundle strategy does not have a huge impact on premiums for what you are trying to accomplish. It will be easier for you to stick with your local insurance broker for your personal home and auto and find a second commercial broker for the rentals.
When I first started in insurance many years ago, I was a State Farm agent. State Farm corporate has a rule for their agents that they can not write in multiple states.
Secondly, the insurance carriers who are going to give you the best options for your personal home and auto in CA, are not the same companies who will give you the best policy and pricing for GA or NV rentals.
I'm personally licensed in GA, NV & CA, but do not do personal lines, just programs for rental properties.
No referrals, just trying to shed some light on why your having problems finding a solution.