Who are you using to insure your rehabs?

Who are you using to insure your rehabs?

Wholesaler · Eau Claire, WI · Member since 2014 · 133 posts · 32 votes

Looking to find a new insurance carrier. Can’t get same type of coverage I used to get. I live in Wisconsin. Anyone know of a good one?

0Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Danville, CA · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 10 votes
7y

@Kelly A.

Rather than finding an insurance company, you should look for a competent and professional agent/broker who understands the needs and concerns of real estate investors. @Jason Bott appears to be someone who specializes in this industry (though I have no personal knowledge of him). At the end of the day, think of it more as hiring an agent as opposed to buying a policy. A great agent will allow you to spend less time than absolutely necessary dealing with or worrying about your insurance for your investments.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jason BottPro Member
    Insurance Agent · Nationwide · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Kelly A.:

    Looking to find a new insurance carrier. Can’t get same type of coverage I used to get. I live in Wisconsin. Anyone know of a good one?

    Kelly, I will send you the companies I use for my clients.

  • Wholesaler · Eau Claire, WI · Member since 2014 · 133 posts · 32 votes
    7y

    Thank you 

    Jason Bott
  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 612 posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Kelly A. - I've been very happy with my insurance broker who handles my coverage during vacancy/rehab and then also flips the coverage once I get a tenant in there.  I've only used them in IL but I checked and they are licensed in WI.  Please DM me if you'd like an introduction.

  • Specialist · Danville, CA · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Kelly A.

    Rather than finding an insurance company, you should look for a competent and professional agent/broker who understands the needs and concerns of real estate investors. @Jason Bott appears to be someone who specializes in this industry (though I have no personal knowledge of him). At the end of the day, think of it more as hiring an agent as opposed to buying a policy. A great agent will allow you to spend less time than absolutely necessary dealing with or worrying about your insurance for your investments.

  • Wholesaler · Eau Claire, WI · Member since 2014 · 133 posts · 32 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Tommy Brown:

    @Kelly A.

    Rather than finding an insurance company, you should look for a competent and professional agent/broker who understands the needs and concerns of real estate investors. @Jason Bott appears to be someone who specializes in this industry (though I have no personal knowledge of him). At the end of the day, think of it more as hiring an agent as opposed to buying a policy. A great agent will allow you to spend less time than absolutely necessary dealing with or worrying about your insurance for your investments.

    Thank you Tommy!

  • Wholesaler · Eau Claire, WI · Member since 2014 · 133 posts · 32 votes
    7y
    Thank you Tom!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.