Votes
Grant DiLibero
  • Radnor, PA
Votes |
Commercial Blanket Policy but escrow a couple properties

Grant DiLibero
  • Radnor, PA
Posted Oct 21 2020, 11:24

Hi all I have 6 rental properties, 3 of which are owned in my name and 3 of which are owned in an LLC. I am hoping to refinance the rentals in the LLC given the current rate situation. I've contacted a few mortgage providers that offer 30 year mortgages on properties in LLC's but they all have a requirement to escrow at least insurance.

I currently have a blanket commercial insurance policy through Westfield that covers all 6 properties that I pay monthly.  My current provider doesn't allow escrow at all let alone a partial escrow whereby I could escrow just the 2 properties I plan to refinance.  I've been in contact with one provider that will allow me to escrow just two of the properties on a policy but reviews seem mixed and pricing seems like im getting less for the same money I currently pay.  My agent hasn't been able to find anyone even after reaching out to a colleague who represents a different company that allows for this situation.

Has anyone ever had to do this and if so what agency did you use?  Is it better to just find a lender that offers the 30 year refi without escrowing?  I know this isn't the forum for that last question but if that's what you ultimately found the need to do which lender did you find that didn't require the escrow?

Loading replies...