Commercial Blanket Policy but escrow a couple properties

Commercial Blanket Policy but escrow a couple properties

Radnor, PA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hi all I have 6 rental properties, 3 of which are owned in my name and 3 of which are owned in an LLC. I am hoping to refinance the rentals in the LLC given the current rate situation. I've contacted a few mortgage providers that offer 30 year mortgages on properties in LLC's but they all have a requirement to escrow at least insurance.

I currently have a blanket commercial insurance policy through Westfield that covers all 6 properties that I pay monthly.  My current provider doesn't allow escrow at all let alone a partial escrow whereby I could escrow just the 2 properties I plan to refinance.  I've been in contact with one provider that will allow me to escrow just two of the properties on a policy but reviews seem mixed and pricing seems like im getting less for the same money I currently pay.  My agent hasn't been able to find anyone even after reaching out to a colleague who represents a different company that allows for this situation.

Has anyone ever had to do this and if so what agency did you use?  Is it better to just find a lender that offers the 30 year refi without escrowing?  I know this isn't the forum for that last question but if that's what you ultimately found the need to do which lender did you find that didn't require the escrow?

0Reply
27 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Insurance Agent · Member since 2020 · 177 posts · 76 votes
    5y

    Their are plenty of companies out there that can do this. Is your agent independent? 

  • Insurance Agent · Beaver Falls, PA · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 84 votes
    5y

    Hey Grant,

    Tony is right, there are quite a few options for this kind of set up.  Some may require a little more work on the Agent's end.  It may require the Agent to manually invoice the mortgage companies for future renewals for just the portion of premium for certain properties, but it's not a huge deal.  We do it all the time.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.