Business evaluation spreadsheet

Business evaluation spreadsheet

Real Estate Broker · Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 3 votes

Good morning all, 

Would any of you have or can recommend a good evaluation calculator to buy a business on seller finance? Any “how to” deal structure literature to share?

Thank you in advance

1Reply
85 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2024 · 1 post · 2 votes
2y
Quote from @Cliff Benner:

Buy than Build by Walker Deibel is a great book for Business purchasing, it talks about structure and evaluating. 

I recommend learning a bit on how to read the financials, but find yourself a great Accountant to help you analyze the financials and tax returns to make sure things make sense and are proper. 

When I do it for me and my clients, we go very conservative to give better expectations of the transition process, than if it goes better, great!

I literally just downloaded this for audio last weekend. Thank you. 
See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    2y

    Depends on the thing you are trying to calculate. I I am playing with different scenarios and want a back of the napkin number I will use https://www.omnicalculator.com/collections/real-estate.

  • Cliff BennerBusiness Member
    Accountant · Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 392 posts · 183 votes
    2y

    Buy than Build by Walker Deibel is a great book for Business purchasing, it talks about structure and evaluating. 

    I recommend learning a bit on how to read the financials, but find yourself a great Accountant to help you analyze the financials and tax returns to make sure things make sense and are proper. 

    When I do it for me and my clients, we go very conservative to give better expectations of the transition process, than if it goes better, great!

    Benner Stride52 Reviews
  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Cliff Benner:

    Buy than Build by Walker Deibel is a great book for Business purchasing, it talks about structure and evaluating. 

    I recommend learning a bit on how to read the financials, but find yourself a great Accountant to help you analyze the financials and tax returns to make sure things make sense and are proper. 

    When I do it for me and my clients, we go very conservative to give better expectations of the transition process, than if it goes better, great!

    I literally just downloaded this for audio last weekend. Thank you. 
  • Cliff BennerBusiness Member
    Accountant · Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 392 posts · 183 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Morgan Russell:
    Quote from @Cliff Benner:

    Buy than Build by Walker Deibel is a great book for Business purchasing, it talks about structure and evaluating. 

    I recommend learning a bit on how to read the financials, but find yourself a great Accountant to help you analyze the financials and tax returns to make sure things make sense and are proper. 

    When I do it for me and my clients, we go very conservative to give better expectations of the transition process, than if it goes better, great!

    I literally just downloaded this for audio last weekend. Thank you. 

     Perfect!

    I read it twice then each section I needed while buying my business! very helpful 

    Benner Stride52 Reviews
  • Carlos Sosa IIPro Member
    New to Real Estate · NC · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 9 votes
    2y

    I would agree with the others that the Buy than Build book is a great read or listen (I have the audio book). I would like to talk with others about their interest in Business purchasing. Feel free to reach out. 

  • Investor · Hollywood, FL · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Guys, any sites or lists to find an SBA loan broker to help me with the possible purchase of a business? I'm talking to the seller's broker, but I would like to find my own people to assist with the due diligence period, such as an SBA loan broker, an accountant with experience doing QoE for this kind of transaction, and a lawyer. I have a lawyer and accountant in mind but need help finding a good SBA loan broker expert.

  • Cliff BennerBusiness Member
    Accountant · Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 392 posts · 183 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Rafael Quintero:

    Guys, any sites or lists to find an SBA loan broker to help me with the possible purchase of a business? I'm talking to the seller's broker, but I would like to find my own people to assist with the due diligence period, such as an SBA loan broker, an accountant with experience doing QoE for this kind of transaction, and a lawyer. I have a lawyer and accountant in mind but need help finding a good SBA loan broker expert.


     Try a local Bank around the business, that really helped my friend who bought a business. 

    Benner Stride52 Reviews
  • Accountant · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 552 votes
    2y

    I have a decent calculator i can provide. Feel free to DM me and ill send you the excel sheet! 

  • Investor · Golden Beach Florida · Member since 2024 · 89 posts · 10 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Morgan Russell:

    Good morning all, 

    Would any of you have or can recommend a good evaluation calculator to buy a business on seller finance? Any “how to” deal structure literature to share?

    Thank you in advance

    I use automated excel templates that breaks down the business logistics into simple data

    From that you can see if the purchase would fit into your portfolio 

    i can sell you one if interested 
  • Ben TrageserPro Member
    Accountant · Montclair, NJ · Member since 2020 · 218 posts · 104 votes
    1y

    I would recommend hiring an accountant to do an evaluation of the business. It's not something I have done but know others that have had good success with it.

  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    1y

    Hey @Morgan Russell. Were you able to find anything/anyone to help you on this?

    • Cliff BennerBusiness Member
      Accountant · Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 392 posts · 183 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jaycee Greene:

      Hey @Morgan Russell. Were you able to find anything/anyone to help you on this?

       @Jaycee Greene I just added a new service for Business Purchases, where I help analysis the financials for a potential business purchase after seeing a need for this in the Small Business Market, please feel free to reach out to me to discuss more.

      @Morgan Russell How has your experience been going and are you still looking for help?

      Benner Stride52 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.