Flipping and Rehabbing in Arizona

Flipping and Rehabbing in Arizona

Armando LeonPro Member
Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 4 votes

I live in Southern California where I own a couple of investment properties; now I'm interested on starting to invest in Arizona. I'm already pre-approved and looking for opportunities, which is where I'm kind of stuck as I don't have the contacts in the state. I would appreciate any feedback on how to start putting together my team and/or any recommendations on your experience. TIA

1Reply
12 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Armando LeonPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Armando Leon:

    I live in Southern California where I own a couple of investment properties; now I'm interested on starting to invest in Arizona. I'm already pre-approved and looking for opportunities, which is where I'm kind of stuck as I don't have the contacts in the state. I would appreciate any feedback on how to start putting together my team and/or any recommendations on your experience. TIA

    We do a fair amount of investing in Arizona and it's been good to us. We have three on the books right now that we will be passing on to investors. What kind of property are you looking for?

    Hi Mike, thank you for the reply. I would like to start with a small flip or rehab, preferably between 250-300K purchase price, while I get more seasoned and rise more capital. 

    Please let me know if you'd have something that could be a good fit.

    Thank you again.

  • Noah CorwickPro Member
    Realtor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2021 · 271 posts · 115 votes
    2y

    Hi Armando, 

    If you are looking to flip in the heart of PHX, a $250k-$300k purchase price budget would likely get you a condo or townhouse. If you look outside of the greater PHX area, that could open up to possibly a SFH.

    Obviously you'll have more restrictions on the condo/townhouse side rehabbing, so thought I'd call that out so that you can plan accordingly. 

    Best of luck! 

  • Peter MckernanBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Agent · Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Armando Leon:

    I live in Southern California where I own a couple of investment properties; now I'm interested on starting to invest in Arizona. I'm already pre-approved and looking for opportunities, which is where I'm kind of stuck as I don't have the contacts in the state. I would appreciate any feedback on how to start putting together my team and/or any recommendations on your experience. TIA

    Pull up Zillow, then you can pull up agents that are doing 30+ deals a year and start calling them. When you get them on the phone setup a time to do a zoom call, see how they do business, who the connections are they have, and if you get to know them through those conversations and feel good go meet them in person. This would build a great team and build up the people out there and around you out there (even with you not being there). That builds a great team and gives you a ton of trust with those people, and you trust them by building it that way.  
    The McKernan Group4.957 Reviews
  • Armando LeonPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Noah Corwick:

    Hi Armando, 

    If you are looking to flip in the heart of PHX, a $250k-$300k purchase price budget would likely get you a condo or townhouse. If you look outside of the greater PHX area, that could open up to possibly a SFH.

    Obviously you'll have more restrictions on the condo/townhouse side rehabbing, so thought I'd call that out so that you can plan accordingly. 

    Best of luck! 


     Hi Noah,

    So far that's what I have noticed about the more affordable areas around AZ. Im open to do a condo/townhouse outside of the greater PHX area as you mentioned while I get more experience. Thank you for your advise!

  • Armando LeonPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Peter Mckernan:
    Quote from @Armando Leon:

    I live in Southern California where I own a couple of investment properties; now I'm interested on starting to invest in Arizona. I'm already pre-approved and looking for opportunities, which is where I'm kind of stuck as I don't have the contacts in the state. I would appreciate any feedback on how to start putting together my team and/or any recommendations on your experience. TIA

    Pull up Zillow, then you can pull up agents that are doing 30+ deals a year and start calling them. When you get them on the phone setup a time to do a zoom call, see how they do business, who the connections are they have, and if you get to know them through those conversations and feel good go meet them in person. This would build a great team and build up the people out there and around you out there (even with you not being there). That builds a great team and gives you a ton of trust with those people, and you trust them by building it that way.  
    Hi Peter,
    I will start looking in Zillow for agents as you mentioned. Thank you for the advise!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.