Professional References for Indy OOS Investors

Professional References for Indy OOS Investors

David LeichterPro Member
Member since 2025 · 14 posts · 9 votes

I have spent the past 8 months investing in Indy and surrounding areas as an OOS investor (based in MD). If you are an OOS investor and you need help finding professionals to use, I can share with you my contacts of who to use and, maybe more importantly, who NOT to use. I have had horror stories and can help you 1) avoid certain professionals there who will hurt you badly and 2) guide you as to whom to use for a smoother experience. DM me!

2Reply
195 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2026 · 1 post · 1 vote
5mo

Hi David, what are your thoughts on new construction multiplexes in Indy, any areas or neighborhoods to avoid? OOS new investor from Oregon. Thanks!

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Evan GrantPro Member
    Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    7mo

    David,

    I am a new investor, and am exploring markets that seem amenable to real estate investing with high rent-price ratio and low price in general. Basically, I'm learning, but Indianapolis seems appealing. I'm early in the process, but would be happy to connect and hear your experiences. 

  • Member since 2026 · 1 post · 1 vote
    5mo

    Hi David, what are your thoughts on new construction multiplexes in Indy, any areas or neighborhoods to avoid? OOS new investor from Oregon. Thanks!

  • Investor · Member since 2026 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    5mo

    I’m currently working on a small multifamily deal out of state myself and building my team remotely. Definitely seeing how important it is to have the right people in place early.

    Curious—what were the biggest mistakes you ran into when first building your team?

  • David LeichterPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2025 · 14 posts · 9 votes
    5mo

    Well, I had the wrong realtor. I should have seen the signs early on but I was new to investing out of state, and I just didn't vet them well enough. So it's super important to have a good realtor. Next is property manager. I feel like you can get a contractor fairly easily, especially with the help of the realtor and PM. 

  • Oscar MarquezPro Member
    Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5mo

    David,


    I would love to connect and share our experiences.  We've been in the Indy market for about 8 years and have had good years with PMs and bad experiences as well.  Currently looking for a new PM company.  Reach out and we can connect.

  • Member since 2026 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5mo

    Hi David,

    I’m new on here and can’t figure out how to DM.. I’ve been assembling my team from out of state as well for my first rental property but having trouble picking a PM. Would love to hear about which ones to avoid and which ones were okay. 

    Thank you!

  • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5mo

    David, really appreciate you sharing this.
    I’m an out-of-state investor as well and have self-managed in another market, so I’ve definitely learned how much the local network can make or break things.

    I’m starting to explore Central Indiana and would love to compare notes, especially around who’s been reliable vs painful to work with. I’ll shoot you a DM.

  • New to Real Estate · Israel · Member since 2025 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    5mo

    Hi David, 
    I am a new investor OOS as well i would love to connect with you.
    Will Dm you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.