Books

Books

Handyman · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 1 post · 0 votes

Can anyone please recommend there favorite real estate books? I am just starting out and would appreciate it.

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Sharad M.Pro Member
Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
15y

I like The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller.

Think and Grow Rich (not a RE book), but a great book to read.

If you are going to be in the rental business, Every Landlord's Legal Guide is a good book to read.

I will also add that I have learned WAY more from participating on this forum than all of the books combined. I am at a point where I use this website as my RE Google. Anytime, I have any question remotely related to RE, I look up on this website and I have always found an answer.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    15y

    Lots of existing threads cover this topic; here is a search for them that you can try:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=real+estate+books+site%3Abiggerpockets.com&hl=en

  • Real Estate Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2009 · 178 posts · 62 votes
    15y

    Check out the "Real Estate Game" by Poorvu. Its great for when you are starting out.

  • Sharad M.Pro Member
    Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    I like The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller.

    Think and Grow Rich (not a RE book), but a great book to read.

    If you are going to be in the rental business, Every Landlord's Legal Guide is a good book to read.

    I will also add that I have learned WAY more from participating on this forum than all of the books combined. I am at a point where I use this website as my RE Google. Anytime, I have any question remotely related to RE, I look up on this website and I have always found an answer.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    I guess it would depend on what area of real estate you're interested in. But, I do highly recommend the following (which has more to do with personal finance):

    The Richest Man In Babylon
    Rich Dad, Poor Dad
    Cash Flow Quadrant (part of the Rich Dad, Poor Dad series)
    The Automatic Millionaire
    The Millionaire Next Door

    Hope that helps! :D

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.