Real Estate related job

Real Estate related job

Meriden, CT · Member since 2012 · 14 posts · 0 votes

I am looking for employment in the real estate field, I worked as a Realtor and have past experience in residential and commercial construction, I would like to be able to tie the two together some how.. I do not have any formal education (college). I do not want to be commission based. Any suggestions as to what I could do?

Thank you.

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Mark Mahuex I'm glad to see people thinking this way! Most people just say "I wanna make a million bucks right now."

    If I were you, I'd ramp up the Realtor thing and make that work - cause the skills you'd gain from that would be really helpful when you do more full time investing in the future.

    If not that, I'd try to become a local investors "right hand man" and do anything and everything they need.

    Thoughts?

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    13y

    Look to a construction company, a large one and see if you can get into construction management.

    One of the functions of large corporates is a real estate division, management of company holdings, maintenance and new construction of expansions.

    Insurance claims offices hire and train claims people for RE losses.

    City government has planning and zoning, maintenance and building regs

    Utility companies acquire easements, learn to negotiate leases and ED acquisitions.

    PM companies have thier own maintenance people, a license would be a plus.

    Hotel/motel chains have RE depts, chain stores, C-stores, all kinds of franchized and corporate owned expansions look for new sites, evaluate markets and they all don't have degrees.

    Speaking of degrees, consider getting back to school too, after you get a job! Good luck

    Most large RE companies hold properties, they have paid staff.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.