What would you do if you didn’t need money to invest in real estate anymore?
That’s the question we tackle today on the BiggerPockets Podcast as we interview one of our own… Brandon Turner, to learn how he’s purchased over $2,000,000 of real estate with almost no money of his own! Brandon, although co-host on the BiggerPockets Podcast, is also an avid real estate investor who rarely-if-ever puts his own money into his deals. In this groundbreaking episode, Josh interviews Brandon about how he built his business using creativity rather than cash and the lessons that he learned along the way.
This episode will leave you inspired, refreshed, and with a laundry list of new ideas to use in your investing business to invest with less (or none) of your own cash!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Episode We Cover:
- The method Brandon used to buy his first house and make $20,000
- The one conversation that almost derailed his entire investing future
- How Brandon bought two homes of one of the world’s most famous rockstars – and didn’t know it
- The mistake that almost destroyed his business on the first hard money deal
- How Brandon bought a 24 unit apartment building for no money out of pocket
- The downside to several “no and low money down” strategies
- Getting a partner to fund 100% of the down payment
- Where to find great real estate deals – no matter how hot your market is
- The legal entity Brandon uses to hold his properties and why
- Brandon’s #1 productivity tip
- And LOTS more!
Links from the Show
- How to Rent Your House: The Definitive Step by Step Guide
- Tenant Screening: The Ultimate Guide
- BP Podcast 052: Buying Apartment Complexes, Raising Millions, and Building a Profitable Business with Ken McElroy
- BP 009: Using Hard Money Lenders to Grow Your Business with Ann Bellamy
Books Mentioned in the Show
- The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down by Brandon Turner
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The ABCs of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy
- The Unofficial Guide to Real Estate Investing by Spencer Strauss and Martin Stone
- Landlording on Autopilot by Mike Butler.
- The Lean Startup by Eric Reis
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- The Four Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- “It’s better to have 50% of a great deal than 100% of no deal.”
- “The foundation of a great creative real estate investment is an incredible deal.”
The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down
Is Your Lack of Cash Holding You Back From Your Real Estate Dreams? Don’t let the contents of your wallet define your future. Discover the real life strategies that smart investors are using in today’s market to invest in real estate with creativity!
In The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down, active real estate investor and co-host of the BiggerPockets Podcast Brandon Turner takes readers past the hype and dives into real life strategies that investors across the world are using to invest in real estate using creativity – instead of their own cash.
In this book, you’ll explore:
- Numerous Strategies to Mix and Match – Creative investing requires a creative mind, and this book will share numerous examples of creative deal-making.
- Get Started with No Money or Experience – Looking for your first deal? Learn the best strategies for getting your feet wet without paying thousands!
- The Ugly Side of Creative Investing – Learn the downsides to all the strategies mentioned in this book, as well as tips for overcoming those problems.
- Attract Private Money, Lenders, and Partners – There are millions of millionaires walking the streets. Discover the best way to attract them to you.
- Wholesaling, Flipping, Rentals, and More – No matter what niche or strategy you plan to use to build your real estate empire, this book can help you proceed.
- The Truth About No Money Down Investing – Investing with little to no money down is possible, but it’s not about some step by step strategy. It’s about a mindset.
Connect with Brandon
Note By BiggerPockets: These are opinions written by the author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of BiggerPockets.