Hard Money Lending is a fundamental tool for many real estate investors, but is often misunderstood and difficult to find. So today on the BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with hard money lender Ann Bellamy to discuss how to find and successfully use hard money to build and grow your real estate investing business. This show has an immense amount of solid, actionable content that you can use immediately, so definitely take the time to listen!
Before we get to the show, thank you again to everyone who has subscribed in iTunes to help make us one of the top business podcasts in all of iTunes! We’re up to 129 5-Star Reviews so far! Every subscription in iTunes and every review helps us reach more people – so thank you!
Read the Transcript
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In Today’s Hard Money Podcast, We Cover:
- What hard money is, when to use it, and when NOT to use it.
- Why Rehab properties in rural areas is a bad idea…
- Exit strategies and the new Real Estate Mini Bubble.
- Typical hard money rates and fees – and how you can lower them.
- Ann’s (and Brandon’s) first mistakes with Hard Money.
- The best place to find Hard Money Lenders (hint: try here)
- How to get your hard money loan proposals accepted every time.
- Which comes first: finding the hard money lender or the deal?
- Starting a local ethical real estate club to build your brand.
- How to become a Hard Money Lender.
- And much, much more!
Links From the Hard Money Show:
- The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing
- BiggerPockets Forum Keyword Alerts
- The BiggerPockets Hard Money Directory
- Ann’s Company Website: BuyNowHardMoney.com
- Ann’s Real Estate Club: Black Diamond Real Estate Investors
Books Mentioned in the Show
“The first and most important exit strategy is having one.” (Tweet This!)
“Hard money is not a mafia guy with a baseball bat – it’s a tool for growing your business.” (Tweet This!)
“If hard money makes a deal unprofitable – you shouldn’t be doing the deal.” (Tweet This!)
“Don’t misrepresent yourself. It’s okay to be new at something… just say so!” (Tweet This!)
“In this day and age – you need to be able to communicate electronically.” (Tweet This!)
“Both persistence and the ability to adapt are required for success.” (Tweet This)
Ann Bellamy is a real estate investor and Hard Money Lender in Southern New Hampshire, and has been involved in the leadership of several real estate investing groups in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. She provides short term and construction funding, or hard money loans, to real estate investors in these states and networks extensively in MA and NH with investors of all types.
Ann’s BiggerPockets Profile
What do you think? Do you have any questions or comments for Ann or about the show? Leave your thoughts below!