Teh Fury!

Teh Fury!

Real Estate Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2009 · 22 posts · 3 votes

I know that these are online forums. I know that people post at crazy hours and with little sleep. On forums the normal rules of grammar and spelling get relaxed, but whenever I see "teh" for "the" it just grates on my nerves. What's your forum misspelling pet peeve?

0Reply
6 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
15y

I agre taht thsi canbe anoying too many heir. Steve, ho w do you git Firfeox and use it any way?

Once my pet peeve are also grammur missteaks as well. If any coud lern jest a bit mour about this and other stuff ect, we could all be bitter off!

We all must pay our dos one way and again, so your just going need two grin a bear it. After all and that, last year I cold not spel invistor, now I are one. Larte :mrgreen:

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Litchfield Park, AZ · Member since 2009 · 50 posts · 4 votes
    17y

    must be the oc in me but it drives me crazy when I see ect instead of etc.

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    17y

    If more people would switch to the Firefox browser, there would be less of that. Firefox highlights misspellings as words are typed (similar to how MS Word works).

    And it's even more annoying when the post title is fouled up, because user's can't edit those once the post is made.

    Some others that I find annoying are when people exchange homonyms for each other; some examples:

    its v. it's
    their v. there v. they're
    to v. too v. two
    here v. hear
    no v. know

    That last one is the most annoying, because there isn't so much similarity at all.

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    17y

    Some more that I came across:

    right v. write
    your v. you're
    except v. accept

    And I just love those who are "performing do diligence" when they really want to be "performing due diligence". And I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are good for nothing other than "performing doo diligence".

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by William G.:
    What's your forum misspelling pet peeve?


    When people misspell "liberal" as "libertarian". Really gets on my nerves.
  • Real Estate Investor · Clearwater, FL · Member since 2009 · 21 posts · 3 votes
    17y

    Good 1 Tim.

    BTW, I am as l33t as they come when it comes to teh spellin and grammer.

    J/K guys!

    Google Chrome has the correction thing you were talking about too. Seriously, who uses Internet Explorer anymore?

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    15y

    Here's one from a newspaper that is fitting with this topic:
    http://www.phoenixvillenews.com/articles/2011/03/05/online/srv0000011060461.txt?viewmode=fullstory

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    15y
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    15y

    I agre taht thsi canbe anoying too many heir. Steve, ho w do you git Firfeox and use it any way?

    Once my pet peeve are also grammur missteaks as well. If any coud lern jest a bit mour about this and other stuff ect, we could all be bitter off!

    We all must pay our dos one way and again, so your just going need two grin a bear it. After all and that, last year I cold not spel invistor, now I are one. Larte :mrgreen:

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Financexaminer:
    ... Steve, ho w do you git Firfeox and use it any way?
    ...

    Get it from link below, and use it like any other web browser! Initially, I would NOT make it my "default" browser (the installation will ask you whether you want that or not), just to get accustomed to it, and also because some sites are "tuned" to work with Microsoft Internet Explorer (or Exploder :D) and might not function well with Firefox (you find those by hit-or-miss sometimes, unfortunately - but some do say "better with IE" or something like that).

    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

  • Real Estate Investor · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2010 · 415 posts · 484 votes
    15y

    Google Chrome -- or nothing!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.