I am

I am

Real Estate Investor · Gardner, KS · Member since 2009 · 37 posts · 6 votes

Too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated!

1Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
17y

That's not terribly fair Nick. Perhaps you didn't know but Eddie came here as an immigrant and had to start from the bottom up later in life and did so very quickly. I have great respect for first generation immigrants who come here and contribute to the capitalist system.

He is right about fear too. There's a reason many people are afraid of heights - it's lethal.

I would like to say one other thing in general too. None of us is in a race. I'm 33 and will retire next year. So what. That just means I have a portfolio to maintain and other things to fill my time with and other means of growing myself and my investments. Success is not final so there is no goal at which we stop. The only goal that matters are the ones you make that progress you to the next stage. When you stop breathing is when you stop pursuing success.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Get a solid plan together so you channel that energy right then go do it. Start small steps that have small accomplishments that can be done quickly and can reward you quickly so you'll stay motivated.

  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y

    If you ignore doubt and fear, you are setting yourself for disaster. Those are the checks and balances, your survival basic instincts and you need them to survive. You shouldn't however allow you to defeat you and your best weapon against them is knowledge.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Eddie, I don't know you and certainly don't have anything against you but I have a feeling Justin is going to be more successful than you are when he's your age

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    That's not terribly fair Nick. Perhaps you didn't know but Eddie came here as an immigrant and had to start from the bottom up later in life and did so very quickly. I have great respect for first generation immigrants who come here and contribute to the capitalist system.

    He is right about fear too. There's a reason many people are afraid of heights - it's lethal.

    I would like to say one other thing in general too. None of us is in a race. I'm 33 and will retire next year. So what. That just means I have a portfolio to maintain and other things to fill my time with and other means of growing myself and my investments. Success is not final so there is no goal at which we stop. The only goal that matters are the ones you make that progress you to the next stage. When you stop breathing is when you stop pursuing success.

  • Real Estate Investor · Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2008 · 716 posts · 41 votes
    17y

    Tim,

    Wisdom from the youth.

    (I am 40, so I can call you a youngin' all day)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.